Why become a member? ×

Helloooooooo

Nickev

Hi there people. I'm new around these here parts. Bass player (of sorts) for 21 years, having started as a guitarist. I quickly realised that guitarists are two a penny and there is always a shortage of bass players, so I could get into better bands without needing to be a better musician! Regularly gigging around Essex/Suffolk area and currently playing 80-90 gigs per year with covers band "Stiff in the Morning". I've been using a pearlescent white Precision Lyte for the last 19 years, which I wouldn't swap for anything and I also currently own a Japanese non-export Aerodyne Jazz in candy apple red, but that is now up for sale, due to it feeling too big after the lyte.

Amp gear is a TC Electronic Classic 450 which I bought only last week and gigged twice over the weekend (amazing bit of kit!), currently through a Hartke XL115 and XL210 until I can afford the matching TC 2x12 and 2x10 cabs.

Thanks. Yeah, I think I've been spoilt weight-wise with the lyte so I'm sticking with it. Wish I could get used to the aerodyne jazz as it's gorgeous and gets so many compliments, but it's currently in the for sale section as it just feels so big in comparison and I'm quite small

[quote name='mep' post='927062' date='Aug 16 2010, 11:28 PM']Hi & welcome to the forum.

Can I be the first to comment on your bands name. Inspired by a certain Oasis album per chance?[/quote]

Haha thanks. I can see where you're coming from, but I doubt it as the singer started the band and doesn't like oasis. He just likes to be outrageous. He's a big gay man fronting a rock band and he listens to tina turner and Kylie!