Why become a member? ×

New(ish) Carl Thompson Six string fretless

Jim Fleeting

Holy Cow!!! :huh: That really is all kinds of beutiful. Thank you Jim for giving me my new pc background, ive waited years to see a CT on this forum. Can I just say its more than Claypool that sings Carl's praises, Anthony Jackson and Stanley Clarke being a couple of examples. Also that if this bass only appeals to 0.1 percent of bass players it only shows how little imagination people have and how a shape that isnt a fender or gibson "standard" will scare the pants off those same people. Also Carl gave the world the 6 string bass and the picollo bass so regardless of what people may think about spending five thousand on an instument (CT's are the only time I would personally even think of spending anywhere near that amount) everyone on this forum owes a great debt to the man for expanding ways for people to express themselves in the lower frequencies.

:)

[quote name='thumb4bob' post='105033' date='Dec 16 2007, 08:13 PM']Holy Cow!!! :huh: That really is all kinds of beutiful. Thank you Jim for giving me my new pc background, ive waited years to see a CT on this forum. Can I just say its more than Claypool that sings Carl's praises, Anthony Jackson and Stanley Clarke being a couple of examples. Also that if this bass only appeals to 0.1 percent of bass players it only shows how little imagination people have and how a shape that isnt a fender or gibson "standard" will scare the pants off those same people. Also Carl gave the world the 6 string bass and the picollo bass so regardless of what people may think about spending five thousand on an instument (CT's are the only time I would personally even think of spending anywhere near that amount) everyone on this forum owes a great debt to the man for expanding ways for people to express themselves in the lower frequencies.

:)[/quote]

Yeah, I'm with you thumb4bob. I think that's a very special looking instrument, probably the nicest Carl Thompson I've seen since Claypool first showed off the Rainbow bass. Not sure I'd ever consider dropping that kind of coin on such a bass, but I could definitely see people being interested. I'd say the main problem the seller will have is the weak US dollar rate at present, as I think this bass would have a lot more appeal in the US than in Europe.

[quote name='bassaussie' post='106496' date='Dec 19 2007, 02:26 PM']Yeah, I'm with you thumb4bob. I think that's a very special looking instrument, probably the nicest Carl Thompson I've seen since Claypool first showed off the Rainbow bass. Not sure I'd ever consider dropping that kind of coin on such a bass, but I could definitely see people being interested. I'd say the main problem the seller will have is the weak US dollar rate at present, as I think this bass would have a lot more appeal in the US than in Europe.[/quote]

Yeah its definatly an unlucky time for selling there's a CT for sale on ctbasses.com + one on the bay at the mo, they must be like buses! Right about the dollar as well although anybody with that kind of cash to splash would have to consider it. Ive started saving for it 2day so hopefully it wont shift for another 5 years to give me time to get the cash. And Jim will be able to play it for another 5 years, see everybody wins:)

By the way Jim have you thought about putting it on ctbasses I think it would sell pretty quick, not often you see more modern CT's on there.