Why become a member? ×

Opinions please?!

smellykenny

[quote name='Moos3h' post='925696' date='Aug 15 2010, 05:04 PM']Amp head I take it?

If it's 100% working then £150 is a fair price and you'd get that back if you decided to ebay it if you didn't like it.[/quote]

Thanks!

Do you know anything about them in terms of reliability, build quality, volume etc?

I'm using an ashdown mag 300 at the moment and i'm not sure whether or not it will be worth getting rid of it for the trace elliott.

I intend to start gigging fairly regularly with it and it's an important choice to make.

Well as with anything it relies on you having a good cab, that said I don't think there'd be much in it volume-wise. People say that TE are 'loud for their rating' but I've not found this to be especially the case and know the Mag 300 well.

There's little in it, but the TE does have a very specific tone to my ears, a lot more defined than the Mag 300 but not necessary better/worse!

Thanks for the input everyone!

My cab is a an old marshall silver anniversary 4x10. Beaten to hell but works for most gigs like a charm.

Will hopefully *fingers crossed* be getting the cash from selling my mag 300. It's nice but nothing I particularly feel like holding onto, and I'm guessing the TE will be a lot better, especially with the extra EQ.

Anyone agree/disagree?

I agree AND disagree!

The trouble is that it's different, not better or worse in tone, just different. There are a lot of tonal options on them so I suspect you'll be able to coax a number of great tones out of it.

Depending on the model of MAG you have, then in theory the TE should also be more reliable, as it's older if it was likely to go wrong it will have done by now!

I can't see you being unhappy with it, but like I say it IS more of a case of it being different, not necessarily better or worse!

Cheers,
James