Why become a member? ×

g&l L5500 P/X four string

nig

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='322903' date='Nov 5 2008, 07:31 PM']I recently acquired a Tribute L2500 from one of the guys here and I'm a total convert it's brilliant, even if not the "real thing".[/quote]

Not so sure there's that much 'sonic' difference between the Tribby and 'proper' L2500.
I love the US 2500 I just got from a fellow BC'er; I had a good go on a US and a Tribby recently and 'eyes closed' couldn't tell the difference.

[quote name='martthebass' post='322918' date='Nov 5 2008, 07:48 PM']Not so sure there's that much 'sonic' difference between the Tribby and 'proper' L2500.
I love the US 2500 I just got from a fellow BC'er; I had a good go on a US and a Tribby recently and 'eyes closed' couldn't tell the difference.[/quote]

Yeh - it was one of those, "oh wow" moments. I've always like the idea of a 5 string, but never found one that I actually wanted to play. The 2500, though, was not only nice to play it's nicer then anything else I've played with any number of strings. The sound is quite something too, although I still can't quite remember what all those damn switches do :)

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='322931' date='Nov 5 2008, 07:59 PM']Yeh - it was one of those, "oh wow" moments. I've always like the idea of a 5 string, but never found one that I actually wanted to play. The 2500, though, was not only nice to play it's nicer then anything else I've played with any number of strings. The sound is quite something too, although I still can't quite remember what all those damn switches do :)[/quote]

Hell, I know exactly what you mean - half the time I don't know if it's active or not :huh: I can only just about ''operate' a Precision!

Must admit tho, the attention to detail on the US made is awesome. Quarter sawn offset cut necks, best neck-body join I've ever seen and blemish free finish. I'd put it a notch above MM and Lakky Skyline (and 2 above US Fender) in this regard - can't understand why they aren't more popular.

Edited by martthebass

[quote name='dub_junkie' post='282297' date='Sep 12 2008, 02:33 AM']thanks for pointing that out noel. I should have made sure of the model number before having a brain fart

btw the one in Glasgow?,is it the one in Mcormacks which is either a honey or natural?,cant remember which. If so they've had that bass for years - it was £1200 a few years back.[/quote]

Oh yeh - I played that one. The price was so stupid that I didn't even have the nerve to say I might be interested if they, say, halved the price!

• 2 weeks later...

original hardshell case I think ? im not good on acronym thingys, it me age :) however it could as im not precious on g&l cases, I have a few g&l's with cases so would put it in one if needs must for sure. regards, nigel.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...