Why become a member? ×

need a long gig bag....anyone know of one?

Salt on your Bass?

hi!

so ive got a custom bass that measures 50.4 inches top to bottom. Its a thunderbird 5 string, but fits comfortably in my standard ritter bag bar 2 or so inches that pokes out the top of the bag.

I have a rokbag that fits a warlok currently, so its oversized and cumbersome. Id like something more streamlined, long, and with pockets to house a shuttle, but after searching have found nothing.

I emailed gigskinz but had no reply on dimensions. Any suggestions are welcome......please!! Can anyone recommend a custom gig bag shop?? I think this is the route that would best suit me!!

Thanks in anticipation!....

How about this:

[url="http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Rok-Sak-Pro-Deluxe-Thunderbird-Gig-Bag/DGA"]http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/...ird-Gig-Bag/DGA[/url]

I have a standard Epiphone Thunderbird and it fits a regular Fender gig bag. Its tight but it does fit.

Thanks, I've dropped them a line to find out. I'm not holding my breath as standard all seem a bit on the short side, and I dont really want to squeeze it into something. Happier to pay a bit more and get something spot on.

Just for info, I'm currently getting quotes from the following:
- Mooradian (US based): they have a dealer in Holland - Bass Matters - for their standard bags. If standard doesnt cut it, they can do custom.
- Glenn Cronkhite (US Based): pretty high end custom and hand made cases leather or fabric.
- Porta Bag (UK Based, nr Manchester): Custom made bags to specification.

I'd prefer to stay with a UK company, and had a good chat with Porta Bag - not sure if anyone has come across them previously? However, Glenn's stuff looks really good quality and pretty retro, just doesnt fit my needs with the amount of storage that I'd like.

I'll let you know how I go! :)

• 2 months later...

Thanks for all the replies guys.

I checked out everything, and nothing fitted any better than the warlock bag I already had, so I ended up going the custom route. It was expensive :) , but I think well worth it as it arrived yesterday. :)

I bought from Glenn Cronkhite in the US, and had it imported. Took about 7-8 weeks from me posting a tracing of my bass to receiiving the finished product, but what I have is a fully handmade, leather, totally custom fitted case that is a comfy carry and doesnt ride too high over my head (I can now walk down the tunnels at London Bridge Station, and get on and off of trains without a full dismount, remount and juggle all my other gear scenario!)

I'll post some pictures in the next couple of days for reference, but wanted to say thanks for the suggestions, and thought I'd splash Glenns name about here as the workmanship really is top notch.

Anyway, pics to follow in a couple of days! :lol:

Edit: just realised I should probably have posted this in the accessories forum! woops! sorry!!

Edited by Salt on your Bass?