Why become a member? ×

Hi there

randymussel

Hi all,

Andy here, another newbie. I've been lurking and trawling the for sale forums for so long I thought I should introduce myself. Love the site. Plus, I'd like to get rid of some of my gear so it's only polite!

I've played a Fender MIJ '75 reissue Jazz for 10 years, currently through a Roland Cube 100, and it is all the bass I need. Just plug me in baby. It doesn't prevent gear envy altogether, still have a soft spot for the old Tanglewood Stingray I learnt on - loved that bass, if anyone has one they can bear to be parted from give me a call.

Like loads of other people here I reckon, I learnt by playing along to the chili peppers. But more recently, players like Les Claypool and Victor Wooten have opened my eyes and ears to all that can be done on a bass.

By the way I loved that 'Groove' youtube clip thread recently, brought me back to Maceo and The Meters, so much groove. Looking forward to much more bass inspiration on the site, I hope I can contribute.

Andy

[quote name='randymussel' post='924548' date='Aug 14 2010, 12:09 AM']Thanks all. Maybe we'll bump into one another Burrito, have played in the Reading/Berks area a bit myself.[/quote]

We play all over but it's always good to meet a fellow basschatter :) So you never know......

• 1 month later...