Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

First post (waffle)

DaveB

Hey all. Was recommended by Andy from New Device to come sign up on here. Never even knew about the site but it all seems very cool.
Bit about myself, I've been playing bass for about 12 years now. I teach Bass and Guitar for a living. Although I play both guitar and bass i'm a bass player at heart and have always played bass in various bands over the years. I'm currently playing bass in a hard rock/ metal band called Arcane [url="http://www.myspace.com/arcanerockband"]http://www.myspace.com/arcanerockband[/url]
I'm in the process of putting together a functions band at the moment as well.
Gearwise I don't own anything flash or expensive but it's all in the prosess of being upgraded. For those that are interested

Basses:
Yamaha RBX375
Peavey some rubbish 5 string neck through jobby i was forced to have (long story)
2 x Ibanez basses (Ibanez roadstar II from 80's which is awesome and an edc700)
basses i no longer use which are fender squire p bass (first bass which has a special place in my heart), stienberger spirit V, 8 string by some budget company (tuned EBEADGBE) and is too heavy to use and sounds weak

Amps:
Peavey max450 head
Peavey TVX4x10 cab

Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 (swirled by herc fede and has lace sensor pickups)
Fender Strat (various Seymore Duncan pickups)
Ibanez made from various RG parts with maple neck and Lace Alumitone pickups (just waiting on swirl body back from herc fede again lol)

Amp:
Mesa Boogie F50

I'm about to change my bass amp as the Peavey simply doesnt' cut it for me anymore. Had a good look round and settled on the Markbass Tube800. Was sickening because I almost had enough money and most my students went on holiday so i'm back to square one due to so many bills :). Then I'll get the front ported 4x10 matching cab.
I've been looking at new basses as well for somepoint and the Fender Jazz and Warwicks look, sound and play really nice. Has to be a 5 string for my band though. Would love a Warwick Infinity NT but can't see that happening anytime soon.

Anyhow i'll stop rambling and start reading and, if i can think of anything sensible to add, start posting :rolleyes:
Cheers,
Dave

[quote name='farmer61' post='919784' date='Aug 9 2010, 04:30 PM']Welcome onboard, this place will not help your bank balance at all tbh. Try and stay clear from the For Sale section!!![/quote]

haha before I even registered i was looking in there. I'm a memeber on www.skylineowners.com as well. Trust me is doesn't get any worse than that, want to spend £6500 there eek