Why become a member? ×

USA Fender Precision (FSR) 2005 w/ original hardcase

Tee

A 70s style US Precision, without the vintage price or weight!

For sale is my (Z5 serial) 2005 USA Fender Precision FSR (Factory Special Run). It is all original, with no mods. It's in very good shape, bar one ding/mojoing, whatever you call it, on the upper horn (pictured).
It's strung with DR Lo-Riders and comes with its original Fender hardcase. It's also quite light and i'd say the olympic white finish is slightly mellower/yellower/creamier than my '08 Precision (when compared side by side). It has a Fender 60th anniversary badge on the reverse of the headstock too. Comes with truss rod adjuster and Fender Cloth, (unopened, in the case).

What is/what makes it a factory special run?

It's finished in Olympic white - a colour that was not a standard colour with the previous batch of US standard Fender Precisions (Pre '08).
It has factory fitted Schaller strap locks, as standard.
A black pickguard as standard.
70s Fender decal logo.

Essentially, it mixes the looks of a 70s precision with modern specs (string thru/strap locks etc).

Looking for [s]£600[/s] [s]£575[/s] [s]£550[/s] SOLD

cheers.

Edited by Tee

I'm really so very gutted I can't explain :)
Just bought [i]exactly[/i] one of these from Ishibashi and it's sitting at the PF depot awaiting the charges to be paid... It's going to have cost me just shy of a Grand to get it in my sweaty, grubby hands.
Ho hum. Better be a good one after all that!

I think the moral here is - Great bass, Great price and somebody will get a good deal here.
Have a sorry arsed bump on me!

ATB,
Jon

[quote name='Tee' post='921288' date='Aug 11 2010, 09:06 AM']Bump ^_^[/quote]
Am as equally gutted as Jonthebass, as just had one of my US Precisions resprayed this exact colour scheme.
When I could have bought this one, and had yet another Precision :)

However, this colour scheme is obviously popular, so shouldn`t be a problem selling.
Mid-week bump on me :rolleyes:

Maybe we should start a club Lozz196?!

Back on track bump from me (again)

[quote name='Lozz196' post='921304' date='Aug 11 2010, 09:21 AM']Am as equally gutted as Jonthebass, as just had one of my US Precisions resprayed this exact colour scheme.
When I could have bought this one, and had yet another Precision :)

However, this colour scheme is obviously popular, so shouldn`t be a problem selling.
Mid-week bump on me :rolleyes:[/quote]

Wish I had known about this last week, I was in London! I'm really tempted but am concerned the neck would be too wide for me. If it has the same specs as the American Standard P then the nut is 41.3mm (the CIJ reissue has a 40mm nut). 41.3mm is also the width of a Stingray nut. Is the neck profile as chunky as a Stingray? I can't get on with standard Ray necks, but perhaps P necks are shaped differently? Also, what is the neck radius? Sorry for all the questions; never having played a P-bass means I have very little idea how they feel (I learned on a Jazz).

Edited by Quatschmacher

I'm not really familiar with Stingrays, sorry. All i know is that it's a pretty normal/classic feeling P bass neck, ie bigger than a jazz. I don't tend to worry about the rest. I think it's a 9.5 radius fingerboard.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...