Why become a member? ×

Very rare Zon VB4 in immaculate condition - SOLD pending usual stuff

molan

And then there's :

[i]french solo bassist Albin Suffys at "Zon Guitars" (in California) testing one of [b]the most fabulous fretted bass in the world[/b]: the VB-4, created by the so talented stringed-instrument maker, Joe Zon.[/i]

:rolleyes:

One thing I should add to this post is that I'm selling this bass, along with a few others, purely to make way for some new incoming basses & I simply can't play them all.

I'm not desperate for money or in any huge rush to sell and, although I'll listen to offers, I believe the price I've set is fair for something that's as rare and desired as this :)

Been playing the Zon tonight, such a nice little bass - maybe I'll just keep it for a while, lol.

In the meantime I had accepted an offer at £1,200 so I'll throw that out there to everyone to see if it makes a difference :)

Edited by molan

• 2 months later...

[quote name='Bassdude BE' post='1038666' date='Nov 27 2010, 11:25 AM']Any idea who has this now?
I was going to buy this, but missed my chance by 1 day ...really want a "Vinnie bass"... :)[/quote]

It should be in Paris (but seems to be delayed at the airport at the moment, grrr).

It didn't sell through BC - it was sold for me on commission by Phil at BassGear in Harrogate.

[quote name='molan' post='1039135' date='Nov 27 2010, 07:51 PM']It should be in Paris (but seems to be delayed at the airport at the moment, grrr).

It didn't sell through BC - it was sold for me on commission by Phil at BassGear in Harrogate.[/quote]

Darn...
thanks for the info anyway, guess i will go for the modulus then :)

Edited by Bassdude BE

• 2 weeks later...

bonjour,
the Zon is now in Paris, after a very, very, very long trip (took around 3 weeks from London to Paris, thanks to Fedex, a very efficient company...), and had its first jazz session today.
as a player, this was a real pleasure, as there seems to be no limit with the sound (even if I will probably switch fo flatwounds, as on my JB).
some comments heard since I own the bass:
"this bass is a typical object from the 70'. I remember the Steinberger had a very powerful sound..."
"superb!"
"will you keep the JB?"
The bass is in excellent condition, as described, and even if I do not happen to know Molan nor Phil from bassgear.com in person, I do recommand having business with them.

Thanks Philippe,
What a hassle the service was from FedEx - sat in Stansted for a few days and then they 'lost' it. Having found it again they sent it to Koln, then Paris, then back to Koln again before finally getting back to Paris just as the snow arrived!

I've never had problems with FedEx International before and I've bought and sold things all over Europe and the USA. I've been in the Caribbean for the last two weeks and following the tracking every day as soon as I woke up every morning.

So pleased you like it, it really is a great bass, fantastic for gigging (where that over-sized mid control pot really comes into its own to tailor your live sound).

I'll try to get some instructions over to you about changing the strings (it didn't come with a manual or any Allen keys). It's not hard once you're used to it :)

The strings on it are brand new so they will sound quite bright for a while.