Why become a member? ×

2007 Rickenbacker 4003 Blueburst

faceman

Although I have toyed swapping and selling many times, circumstances mean it is time for my Rickenbacker to go. As my MA funding deadline approaches, I need to raise more cash and I can't keep something as extravagant as this :) The 4003, the classic-modern fusion of Rickenbacker's legendary bass. My bass was produced in August 2007 in the blue burst colour-of-the-year. It's rather light weight with a very P-esque neck, yet extremely playable. It's had a mixture of flat and wound rounds and has sounded great with both. For Jazz gigs, the neck pickup and flats are amazing but slap some rounds and it is ready to rock. Has been my main gigging bass for 18 months and as a result, has two small knocks on the headstock. But besides this, it's a beaut. I frequently get complements on how stunning the blue, while and chrome look together. The specifications are:
[list]
[*]20 frets (33 1/4'' scale)
[*]All original Rickenbacker parts, no modifications
[*]Schaller Deluxe Machine Heads
[*]Triangle fret inlays
[*]Maple body with thru-neck
[*]Mono and Rick-O-Sound Stereo Output
[/list]
I have made up a little audio clip of the bass itself so you can hear how glorious it sounds. It has some flat wounds on at the moment. The clip below has clips of all the different settings on offer. You can find both pickups w/ fingers (0:00), Neck pickup w/ fingers (0:32), bridge pickup w/ fingers (1:13), both pickups w/ pick (1:55), bridge pickup w/ pick (2:33) and neck pickup w/ pick (3:05). You can also check me out playing the bass live on [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvPWd_-Hers"]Enola Gay[/url] and our original [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfLblanY8Nw"]Bayou Town[/url].

I'm looking for around [b]£1,150[/b] (paid £1,500 in April 2009 from a lovely gentleman in Scotland). Shipping will be around £20 around the country, or pickup from North East of England. Any questions you know where I am :rolleyes:

Edited by faceman

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't you have a kidney you can sell?

[quote name='AndyTravis' post='914340' date='Aug 3 2010, 09:54 PM']nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
n
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
o
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
o
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
o
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't you have a kidney you can sell?[/quote]

I have the feeling I will need my kidney when I'm a trained journalist and can't find a job :)

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='914349' date='Aug 3 2010, 10:04 PM']Totally OT sorry but I Funkin' love your white Stingray! I have said it before on another thread where it was OT but what the heck.Do you want to sell it me and keep your Ric? :rolleyes:[/quote]

Hey Pete, yeah you did point it out! The StingRay is sublime, I've never played another bass like it, the sound and the tone. Weights a ton! It's a Frankenbass with a Sabre neck, new black pickguard but original body and electronics. This is me playing it live here - [url="http://www.facebook.com/v/10150207069750584"]http://www.facebook.com/v/10150207069750584[/url] (check out the 'bass solo' at 1:32!) - despite crap acoustics and camera it cuts through like butter :)

EDIT - There is no way I'm selling it, ever! Two £1k+ basses though is excessive

Edited by faceman