Why become a member? ×

Isn't about time they made a polyphonic whammy or an EHX pog with an expression pedal?!

matt_citizenbass

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='913814' date='Aug 3 2010, 01:13 PM']Are you using the Eventide Smart Harmony Models?

I'm sure I did M9 Clips of it being Polyphonic[/quote]

I was talking about the pitch glide (whammy) model. I can't remember whether the smart harmony one works. It's sitting right behind me so I could find out, I surprise myself with my own laziness sometimes.

Just had a go. The Smart Harmony patch copes OK with root-third or root-fifth stops, but give it root-7th and the root goes out of tune, minor thirds also sound ropey in some keys. You also can't gliss between notes on the smart harmony patch, you have to use the whammy model for that. The whammy can cope with added fifths but that's all.

Edited by thisnameistaken

The HOG is an epic sounding pedal, and a lot smaller in real life than it looks in pics/clips. Though it can do polyphonic slides, I agree it would be great to have basically a whammy/treadle enclosure that can do polyphonic tracking rather than the polyphonic slide being just one function of many within something like the HOG.