Why become a member? ×

USA Fender Jazz 75 Re-Issue for Sale SOLD PENDING

paulie

This model is a [u]limited edition[/u] Lake Placid Blue. Only a small amonut of these basses were made in this colour. It really is gorgeous with the Tort scratchplate.

This bass is mint except for a small mark at the bottom (see pics)

Its really [u]light [/u]for a jazz and is about 9lbs

THe neck is an unusually dark rosewood with the block markers. It has a great action, tight neck pocket etc.

I have owned loads of Fender jazz basses and this is the nicest 75 re-issue I have ever come across, and its rare!

It comes with the proper Tolex Fender case (which was never used) with all the case candy, strap, cable, pickup covers etc

I have had the bass set up with a new set of elixirs (never played)

It really is a gorgeous bass but I just havent been playing it

Its on sale for

£1100

[attachment=55488:IMG_0372.JPG]
[attachment=55489:IMG_0373.JPG]
[attachment=55490:IMG_0374.JPG]
[attachment=55491:IMG_0375.JPG]
[attachment=55492:IMG_0376.JPG]

Edited by paulie

This is the same as my main Jazz Bass. It took me 4 years to track one down.

I paid £1080 without a Hardcase last year...so this is an ultra-fair price.

These are really special versions of the 75 Jazz as they have an Alder rather than Ash Body, so have a slightly warmer sound.

To my mind, i think they're more in line with the late 60's special order Jazz Basses because i've seen original 68/69's with this custom colour/Matching head/blocks and binding.

I'd have this as a 'twin' unfortunately i haven't got anywhere near enough at the moment.

Just as a point - do you have the original white pickguard?

Great Bass.

Oh my effing sweet Lord.

(Urgently checking which vital organs I could sell)

This won't last long!

Apologies for a side-track, but I'm refinishing a 70s RI jazz at the moment with matching headstock, and would really appreciate a close-up of the headstock without the guitar stand in the way so I can get the paint-job right around the join to the rosewood. Any chance you could oblige? No worries if not - have a bump on me anyway!

• 5 months later...