Why become a member? ×

Two tuners that seem to be at odds with each other.

Marvin

One is a Korg GA-30 (small cheap little thing) the other is the tuner on a Zoom B2.1u pedal.
Tune up on one and the other will then say you're slightly flat (sometimes sharp) and vice verca.

I'm assuming it's because neither is particularly accurate as they are fairly cheap (i suppose).

[quote name='Marvin' post='912571' date='Aug 2 2010, 10:25 AM']One is a Korg GA-30 (small cheap little thing) the other is the tuner on a Zoom B2.1u pedal.
Tune up on one and the other will then say you're slightly flat (sometimes sharp) and vice verca.

I'm assuming it's because neither is particularly accurate as they are fairly cheap (i suppose).[/quote]

I've got a Korg DTR1000 tuner and a Zoom b9.1ut pedal. They both say pretty much the same when it comes to tuning. I used to have a B2 Zoom pedal before I got my B9 and that matched up with my Korg too.

I would tend to go with the zoom.

[quote name='Marvin' post='912571' date='Aug 2 2010, 10:25 AM']One is a Korg GA-30 (small cheap little thing) the other is the tuner on a Zoom B2.1u pedal.

I'm assuming it's because neither is particularly accurate as they are fairly cheap (i suppose).[/quote]

Have you checked they're both set at 440Hz?

The Zoom definitely seems to be more accurate. Sometimes on the Korg the 'needle' will waver all over the place.

I'll have to get the instruction manuals out to check things like Hz, being the technical idiot I am. :)

Generally, it's not overly noticeable when playing but it was emphasised the other night at a lesson when I'd tuned up on the Korg and I was a little out from my tutor.

I think the Zoom will be first choice.