Why become a member? ×

Stingray 5 - Black w/ Rosewood Board

Rik (ESA)

Hi Folks,

Up for sale is my 1996 Stingray 5 in black with rosewood board. Excellent condition, especially for the age! You all know the score with these, they're stunning, awesome sounding beasts. Sadly for me, I've decided that I'm still a 4 string bloke so this beauty needs a new home. Below is the link to the original post i bought this from, and the condition hasn't changed a bit, she's still gorgeous! Comes with original hard case, which has a few scratches but nothing major.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=61456&hl=stingray"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...amp;hl=stingray[/url]

Straight sale at £ 600.00.

I'm based in West Yorkshire but can travel, would rather not post! Cash / bank transfer please. :)

Feel free to hit me with any questions!

Cheers
Rik

Edited by Rik (ESA)
HTML correction

Have a bump on me...

This bass was ordered by Martin Petersenof the Gallery, in Winter 1996. I collected it 7th Jan 1997, so I always referred to it as a 97. I traded it in 2006 to Bernard Beard.

When I had it, there was only one ding on the front of the body and it was tiny. It had an amazing neck. It is very lightly flamed, you can only see it up close and by moving it back and forth. The neck is a satin finish and didnt fade in the 10 years I had it.

Soundwise it has what a friend calls the "I am here" sound and sits nicely in a mix but is not drowned out.

I've thought about getting back but I prefer 4's and am thinking fretless again. So great bass, someone buy it and I hope the above ramblings help.

Haha cheers Chris! Much appreciated! Same goes for this chap, who i believe is selling a stunning 6 string? If i could handle the extra string then we'd be in negotiations!

Cheers for the info too mate, love hearing a bit of history about bass stuff, and i agree with the 'i am here' sound, great wording!

[quote name='Rik (ESA)' post='913075' date='Aug 2 2010, 06:32 PM']BUMP! Some lovely offers on basses, but nothing that really matches what i'm after...

Will accept £ 650.00 cash if it's with me before the weekend! Surely the steal of the century??!![/quote]

MB1. :)
Nicholas Parsons Type BUMP!