Why become a member? ×

A question of value

Marky L

Does anyone here have access to any of the latest collectors price books, like Blue Book?

I'd be indebted if you could give the current value of the Ricky Blackstar that I'm hankering after. I have found one on ebay in the States but I think the guy has rather over priced it even though he rates it as a 9/10. That and the damned duty costs of course. Unfortunately I usually have more sense than money!!

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320561085060&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT[/url]

Yowza! Thats close to three grand including shipping and duties. When I was an active member of RickResource I vaguely recall one or two changing hands for less than this although I can't exactly recall by how much (the translation into sterling wasn't so horrible in those days).

Ever thought of going sunburst Mark? Would save you a lot of money :)

Yeah I know he is seriously top heavy with that price, but I was hoping to get a realistic value that I could have a go at battering him with! And we are slowly crawling back up against the USD currently, but not quick enough.

Alas.. Clarky sir, it has to be black!

[quote name='razze06' post='897578' date='Jul 17 2010, 08:34 PM']According to the blue book (2009), it's worth around $2200 at 90% condition. Hope it helps[/quote]

That's fantastic, thanks very much. Even if I was to add a bit for another year and the fact he has the certificate, it is horribly over priced. I'll try negotiaiting but I can't see it going anywhere. Ah well, I guess my search will go on....

I've emailed him and had some response (not the most literate!) and he has intimated he would arrange an invoice for the duty cost. I made note that I had seen a couple of Blackstars earlier in the year that went for better prices, closer to the Blue Book guides. His response was to say they were rather battered examples.. which is bu****it, one of them was equally as good as his!

Oh well, I'll email him back and point that out and see what happens. I certainly don't think this one will come my way though.