Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz 75 RI USA

strange yeah??

cos I rang the guy and he sounded totally genuine on the phone and said he sold it....

and the ebay seller has a different name in his log in....

then strange that the gumtree guy has the same rubbish photos for months on gumtree, but finds a better camera for the ebay auction....

then looking at his other items its strange he has his wife making him clear out the guitar my flatmate sold last week via gumtree!

so there you have it.

Well the serial number puts it as a 2006 bass according to the Fender website. So NOT brand new. If I didn't have 4 Jazz Basses already I'd be knocking down his door (he only lives a couple of miles from me in Edinburgh) because it does look like a nice bass. Frankly, if he wanted a decent price for it, he should have put it on ebay a long time ago.

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='897074' date='Jul 17 2010, 08:35 AM']I would be very wary, I got scammed on Gumtree very recently for a not inconsiderable amount when buying something that had to be shipped, My advice is if you cant collect don't do it.[/quote]

nae worries, it was pick up only, and the guy that bought it is flipping in on on ebay

[quote name='HoweDy' post='900586' date='Jul 20 2010, 10:57 PM']mate, buy it, NOW, amazing sounding bass[/quote]

bit late!

I wish i had, turns out i didnt get into the course.... still moving cities to no job mind.....
but if i find something I will be maybe looking for a dream jazz of some kind to replace the warwick.... or maybe just justify it by selling the old fretless aria..... :)

[quote name='mrjim' post='902932' date='Jul 23 2010, 10:43 AM']Anyone else noticed the bass was readvertised yesterday on gumtree even though the advert is still running on ebay?[/quote]

That's OK as long as the ebay auctions says "also advertised elewhere so may end early"

Edit: Ah just re-read the ebay link and it's a Jim Fullacarp description .... I'd only tust him if I could actually go to his place to get it and have a good look first.

Edited by OldGit