Why become a member? ×

Fender TV Twelve Bassman Tweed - Reduced!

gazza19

Reduced! now only £400!
150 watts of pure retro.
Tube pre-amp. XLR output.
As new, a few months old, never gigged, kept in smoke free environment.
Collect only from Northamptonshire.

Fender specs-

General
Amplifier Type: Hybrid Tube/Solid State Amplifier
Electronics
Inputs: 2 inputs (Input 2: -6dB pad)
Line Out: XLR output with ground lift
Channels: One Channel
Power Handling: 150 Watts
Controls: Gain, Bass, Mid, Treble, Volume, Deep and Bright switches
Hardware
Cabinet Material: Tweed Amplifier Covering
Pilot Light Jewel: Red Amp Jewel
Handle: "Dog Bone" Handle
Front Panel: Chrome Front Panel
Input Impedance: 1M (Input 1)/136K (Input 2)
Amplifier Length: 12.75" (32.39 cm)
Amplifier Width: 22" (55.88 cm)
Amplifier Height: 20" (50.80 cm) Height
Amplifier Weight: 44.6 lbs (20.23 kg)
Speakers
Speaker: 1-12" Celestion® Green Label Ferrite Bass speaker, 4 ohm, 200 watt power rating
Tubes
Pre Amp Tubes: 1 x 12AX7
Miscellaneous
Additional Comments: Hybrid Bass Amplifier Combo (12AX7 Vacuum-Tube Preamp/Efficient Class-D Power Amp)
Unique Features: 2 Inputs (Input 2 -6dB Pad), XLR Output with Ground Lift, Rear Ported Cabinet, Lacquered Tweed Covering, 12AX7 Tube Preamp/Efficient Class D Power Amp, Passive Tone Stack, Comfortable Dog Bone Handle, Chrome Control Panel, Chicken Head-Style Knobs, TV Panel Cosmetics with Modern Upgrades

Edited by gazza19

Hi Mark,

It's 150 watt with a nice gain pre-amp. It can go pretty loud and would certainly cope with rehearsal and a small venue although I have only used it at home.
I've just googled it and found some discussion on this, consensus is that it will cope with small gigs.

I've got the TV 15 which is the big brother of this. Great amp with loads of character and a great sound. If Ed Freidland thinks they're great that's good enough for me [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A93b2V7ymf8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A93b2V7ymf8[/url]

Have a bump on me.

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Marcus' post='892133' date='Jul 11 2010, 06:20 PM']looks lovely......

what's the volume like ?

Is it more for Home practice ?

or would it cope with Small gig / rehearsal ?

Regards

Mark[/quote]

I played the 350w versions as i REALLY wanted to splash out on one, i personally thought they would cope well with small - med venues due to the size and power of these beasts and the music i played but i think the 150 ver is ideal for a loud jam at home or a moderate gig at a small venue.

possibly more so ideal for an acoustic set???

lovely warm, smooth sounding, classic vibe amps with a modern aproach and i dig the use of a 5 string, active bass with it too and no problems . . . if i had the £400 odd pounds, this would be the first thing i baught!! put it that way :)

although it isnt fault with the amp, more so the user, i will advise anyone with one of these to not push all the dials all the wat up as i have seen [u][i][b]3-4[/b][/i][/u] took in for repairs, locally and cost a pretty penny due to "vintage" and uniqueness of the product. So do treat with care unless your made of money!!!

Edited by bigsmokebass

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='bigsmokebass' post='920253' date='Aug 10 2010, 04:29 AM']I played the 350w versions as i REALLY wanted to splash out on one, i personally thought they would cope well with small - med venues due to the size and power of these beasts and the music i played but i think the 150 ver is ideal for a loud jam at home or a moderate gig at a small venue.

possibly more so ideal for an acoustic set???[/quote]

play anything bigger and i would have thought you would take a line out or mic the cab anyway so I would have thought you would be fine!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Mmmmmm lovely Fender retro goodness [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phVcy5E8O74&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phVcy5E8O74...feature=related[/url]

Don't see many of these going secondhand people. They're lovely amps.

Edited by gjones