Why become a member? ×

hartke hydrive 112 cab

OliverBlackman

Easy answer, is that I will drop your post directly in to the Hartke forum! Hartke UK (Gareth and Michelle at Korg) have been absolutely brilliant and I am sure they can help you out with your query.

A personal thanks goes in there too for my own Hartke rig :)

• 1 month later...

[quote name='dood' post='927927' date='Aug 17 2010, 07:44 PM']I actually quite fancy trying one, having found myself smitten with my HyDrive big rig![/quote]

I loved the 410 alot but it was far too big for what iv been doing so i compact cab is perfect. I think im going to have to just trust hartke with making a very good cab but if you manage to try it before its released, please let me know of your thoughts on it

ollie

• 1 month later...

[quote name='pandathe3' post='980917' date='Oct 7 2010, 08:19 PM']£341 on thomann!

Is there any videos released by hartke showing these off?

2 x 112 w/LH500

Or

4 x 112 w/LH1000

I would like to hear the power of that big rig :)[/quote]

I'm hopeful that I will be getting my hands on 2 x 112 and an LH1000 very soon.
If you want I can try and record something and post it up?
It's always tricky to capture the sound but I'll give it a go if your interested.

OK - here's my sweet little pair of 112's

Very happy with them so far. don't know if they need "run in" but out of the box they're sounding pretty effing good!
the tweeters are a new thing for me it was amazing to hear more "zing".
They do give a very nice tone - the Hydrive idea really seems to work.
I actually found I could switch off the VXL pedal and the badd sounded really nice and balanced.
Need to play with more settings and see how much of the tweeters I want.

Can't wait for the new amp now!! :)

Tinyviking: Dont worry about the sound clip :) i'll have to look around the music stores around Christmas, theyll probably have them in soon!

That rig looks great by the way! (love the lights, do you use them live?) and the SR5 is a beaut!

Its funny really, i remember mailing Hartke a few years back saying they should produce hyDrive 2x12s. Explaining that the already produce the 12" speakers in the HyDrive combos, so why not a cabinet!?

If youd like to let me know how things are when you get your LH1000 thatd be great.

Another question, are you keeping your HA3500? I have one also, and wouldnt mind having an opinion on the HA vs. LH :lol:

[quote name='blackmn90' post='993902' date='Oct 19 2010, 06:28 PM']Should be getting mine on saturday. I was a bit worried at first that the 300w cab wont take my lh500 but after reading here it seems like it would be cool :lol:[/quote]
Trust me your ears will give out before the cab will.! :)
I'm pretty sure you too will be impressed.
Enjoy.

[quote name='pandathe3' post='993370' date='Oct 19 2010, 12:04 PM']Tinyviking: Dont worry about the sound clip :) i'll have to look around the music stores around Christmas, theyll probably have them in soon!

That rig looks great by the way! (love the lights, do you use them live?) and the SR5 is a beaut!

Its funny really, i remember mailing Hartke a few years back saying they should produce hyDrive 2x12s. Explaining that the already produce the 12" speakers in the HyDrive combos, so why not a cabinet!?

If youd like to let me know how things are when you get your LH1000 thatd be great.

Another question, are you keeping your HA3500? I have one also, and wouldnt mind having an opinion on the HA vs. LH :lol:[/quote]

yes we do use "fairy lights" as part of our awesome stage set.
I am keeping the 3500, in fact I'm putting it back into the original 1155c combo. It's an original mosfet head which is roughly 18 years old!
I'll post back when the new amp arrives.
The SR5 needs new strings but still sounds good.