Why become a member? ×

Bass synth effect not working on GT6B.... help needed!

skampino

All other effects work but the bass synth acts just like having a loose instrument cable (although it's not) it crackles, comes on then goes off intermittently.

I bought this unit from a user on here and until now had no reason to use this particular effect so only discovered today that I had been ripped off!

Any help to sort would be appreciated.
Thanks

Sounds like an internal problem that would need a tech to repair.

Maybe the seller didn't rip you off - maybe he/she didn't know it was faulty - I try to think the best of people!

If it's any consolation, the synth sounds are sh*te anyway!!

Col

Hmmm....I'd like to think that someone wouldn't take advantage of another on here to offload a faulty item but he only had it a week and sold it on so I guess the guy who sold it to me had the same done to him. The back panel has obviously been off at some point because the screws were not put back properly
Any idea of how to go about finding a tech in the Hampshire area?

[quote name='King Tut' post='889946' date='Jul 8 2010, 10:34 PM']Sounds like an internal problem that would need a tech to repair.

Maybe the seller didn't rip you off - maybe he/she didn't know it was faulty - I try to think the best of people!

If it's any consolation, the synth sounds are sh*te anyway!!

Col[/quote]

I sold it in a week because I couldn't figure out how to work it- I couldn't have found the bass synth if you'd wanted me to.

Sounds like a connection problem to me though, try opening it up and see if there's a loose wire or something?

Edited by M4L666

I owned a GT6 for a while.

The synths on mine didn't work well, they sounded similar to your description..... kind of like they were cutting in and out.

Just a thought....
Try playing a guitar through the unit and see what happens!