Why become a member? ×

Blow Torch v Sansamp v anything!!

fretmeister

With the USA prices so good at the moment I was thinking of getting a new drive pedal.

I've been thinking about the MXR Blowtorch, The Tech 21 Bass driver DI etc but wht else is there to look at?

It must have a blend with the clean signal, but other than that I'm open to suggestions.

ta muchly!

[quote name='fretmeister' post='97344' date='Dec 1 2007, 07:05 PM']With the USA prices so good at the moment I was thinking of getting a new drive pedal.

I've been thinking about the MXR Blowtorch, The Tech 21 Bass driver DI etc but wht else is there to look at?

It must have a blend with the clean signal, but other than that I'm open to suggestions.

ta muchly![/quote]

I suggest you an AdrenaLinn III - Fantastic multi-fx + drum machine. Excellent saturation/distortions/overdrive/fuzz/...

I prefer the Tech 21 Para Driver to the BDDI - in a way it is similar but I like it more.

i just got a blowtorch on the cheap, waiting on delivery, didnt enjoy it too much when i first tried it in a music shop a good few months back, but il have a proper good go with it when it gets here later this week

but if your after overdrive, dont bother with it, youl never get a nice overdrive tone out of it, its more of a synthy fuzz if anything

right

i now think that the blowtorch is a really good synthy fuzz. when i originally tried it earlier this year, i was looking for a dirty overdriven tone, and this pedal did nt give me that. after tryin again today (it got delivered this morning), i still didnt get it close to that tone, active or passive. however, i have a fantastic synthy fuzz tone coming out of it now, and i love it. but id seriously recommend trying it, i got mine cheap (£50, the older model with the boost button labeled 'torch' :)), but for the boutique like price they ask for it, you need to really like it. why it is called a bass overdrive i will never know. but as far as fuzz's go, its like a chainsaw, and i imagine thats the exact effect it would have in the mix. the blend control is also pretty damn useful, my fave tone with it at the moment is having a bad monkey set to a real low gain tube like rumble, running into the blowtorch at gain 12oclock, treble 4oclock, mids 1oclock, mid shift 1.5k, and blend at 3oclock. it sounds imense

• 4 weeks later...

sorry, i dont get what you just said lol

there is a guy in the US who mods the russian big muff so that it has more tone control, and is more overdrive like, which is called the whizzer mod

GGG tuned??

[url="http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=108&Itemid=26"]http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/index....8&Itemid=26[/url]
the "ggg tuned" one its the same as the blue beard pedal like what the guy in mastodon uses etc

[quote name='fretmeister' post='97344' date='Dec 1 2007, 07:05 PM']It must have a blend with the clean signal, but other than that I'm open to suggestions.

ta muchly![/quote]

MXR M80 allows you to mix a dirty tone with a clean tone. Great little pedal!