Why become a member? ×

Focus

Pete Academy

[quote name='cetera' post='905970' date='Jul 26 2010, 04:23 PM']Balls, I missed you again! :lol:

I was back & forth to the backstage there all weekend. Watched Down from sidestage too.... NICE Spectors Rex had! :)[/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol:
If you were stage right you'd have been standing next to me, i was the only one sitting in a chair, on the on-stage side of the barrier.
I'm doing sonisphere this weekend if that's any help?!!
:rolleyes: :lol:
I missed the yodel / flute rock of Focus at High Voltage though.

[quote name='bluesparky' post='906657' date='Jul 27 2010, 08:33 AM']:lol: :lol: :lol:
If you were stage right you'd have been standing next to me, i was the only one sitting in a chair, on the on-stage side of the barrier.
I'm doing sonisphere this weekend if that's any help?!!
:) :rolleyes:
I missed the yodel / flute rock of Focus at High Voltage though.[/quote]

Lol! Were you the guy slumped in his (wicker?) chair with a headset on? I thought "check that guy out.... how bored does he look!" :lol:

I'll be backstage/stage side on Sunday late afternoon/evening for Iron Maiden so may see you there... :lol:

[quote name='cetera' post='906874' date='Jul 27 2010, 11:35 AM']I'll be backstage/stage side on Sunday late afternoon/evening for Iron Maiden so may see you there... :)[/quote]

Boooo *shakes fist at Cetera*

I'm really looking forward to Sunday, hopefully the rain will hold off too.

Did anyone see Rick Wakeman on Sunday at High Voltage. Me and my friend were walking along near the planet rock stand when my mate pointed him out and he suddenly became swamped by people. I felt sorry for him as everytime he took a step forward he'd have to do an autograph or pose for a photo. It probably took him all evening to cross the field haha

[quote name='cetera' post='906874' date='Jul 27 2010, 11:35 AM']Lol! Were you the guy slumped in his (wicker?) chair with a headset on? I thought "check that guy out.... how bored does he look!" :rolleyes:

I'll be backstage/stage side on Sunday late afternoon/evening for Iron Maiden so may see you there... :)[/quote]

Ha ha,yeah that was me!!

It takes a lot to get me excited at work nowadays - I'm quite a cynical chap really.

I'd actually just finish my tax return, I'd been quietly working on it all
weekend because I'd finished reading my book..

[quote name='tauzero' post='906546' date='Jul 27 2010, 12:19 AM']AIUI, Akkerman had a smack habit and that was part of what led to the split and being replaced by Philip Catherine. Hamburger Concerto was the last good Van Leer/Akkerman album, Mother Focus rather lost its way.[/quote]

You can`t say that about Mother Focus!! What about the classic track "I need a bathroom?" :blush:

Jez