Why become a member? ×

Washburn Status trade feeler

mojobass

Ive got a lovely washburn status 4 stringer, natural wings (ash I think?) all original, status jazz pups and active eq, few nicks here and there but nothing to write home about. plays great nice low action. Just recently had a fret dress plenty of life left in them.

Considering a trade at the moment, ideally i'm after another warwick ,but it'd have to be active, 4 string and definately NO Rockbasses!!

Don't know about price for a ssale, i know these are starting to appreciate and become collectable in certain circles. would come with a used but perrfectly serviceable gig bag for posting if required

will get some pics up later when i get in from work

Not sure really, I have seen an almost identical one go on ebay for nearly £450 IIRC, I gues i'd love to get as close to £400 as i could if possible, but like i say at the mo i'd prefer a trade and take it from there if no interest.

[quote name='Frusty' post='880608' date='Jun 29 2010, 07:37 AM']I used to have one of these and regret selling it. I got mine for just over £200 quid on eBay but in the few years that have passed their value has risen - I should have kept it![/quote]
I used to have a fretless version years ago and it was a great bass to play. Have another bump!

[quote name='mojobass' post='879735' date='Jun 28 2010, 11:58 AM']Ive got a lovely washburn status 4 stringer, natural wings (ash I think?) all original, status jazz pups and active eq, few nicks here and there but nothing to write home about. plays great nice low action. Just recently had a fret dress plenty of life left in them.

Considering a trade at the moment, ideally i'm after another warwick ,but it'd have to be active, 4 string and definately NO Rockbasses!!

Don't know about price for a ssale, i know these are starting to appreciate and become collectable in certain circles. would come with a used but perrfectly serviceable gig bag for posting if required

will get some pics up later when i get in from work[/quote]

Where abouts are you based? I miss my old one!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Lorne' post='882352' date='Jun 30 2010, 08:03 PM']I've had at least 8 of these,great basses,the neck is Maple and the top wood is American Walnut :)[/quote]

I was wondering what colours you had :rolleyes: I'm sure I saw a salmon pink one in the early 90's and a yellow one(whitc I want)
Most of the ones that come up for sale are the colour here,or wine coloured like mine or the green one which is nice.

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' post='894960' date='Jul 14 2010, 07:06 PM']I was wondering what colours you had :) I'm sure I saw a salmon pink one in the early 90's and a yellow one(whitc I want)
Most of the ones that come up for sale are the colour here,or wine coloured like mine or the green one which is nice.[/quote]

I've had several red ones,at least 2 Natural ones,a white one with a black center section,never a Green one

I also took a red one,carved an Ibanez Jem handle in it (Used a real DY777 as a template) and resprayed it yellow and black tiger stripe,hiding the pick ups and knobs in the black sections.
I then sold it to a guy who used it live,and blinded the audience with it,who knew Flourescent yellow paint would be SOoooooooooooooooooo bright under U.V. light! :rolleyes: :lol:

[quote name='Lorne' post='895144' date='Jul 14 2010, 10:08 PM']I've had several red ones,at least 2 Natural ones,a white one with a black center section,never a Green one

I also took a red one,carved an Ibanez Jem handle in it (Used a real DY777 as a template) and resprayed it yellow and black tiger stripe,hiding the pick ups and knobs in the black sections.
I then sold it to a guy who used it live,and blinded the audience with it,who knew Flourescent yellow paint would be SOoooooooooooooooooo bright under U.V. light! :) :rolleyes:[/quote]

Cool :lol: :lol: