Why become a member? ×

*TRADED* Lakland DJ5 P/J £910 collected, £935 posted

Higgie

[size=6]*TRADED*[/size]

REALLY didn't think I'd be selling this, but I just don't need a 5 at the moment, and I want to upgrade my Amp!

Here we have a mint condition Lakland Skyline DJ5 in black sparkle, with rosewood fretboard. The original pickups, pickguard and passive control plate are included. It currently sports Norstrand P/J pups, and an Audere pre amp, with a custom made pickguard to fit. All mods are fully reversible, and cannot be detected in either it's original or modified state. Believe me this bass sounds monstrous, and there's so many options on board with the pre-amp, but I just don't really need a 5, and I want a new amp, so it's got to go!

The only thing I would want in a trade is an Aguilar DB750, or a Sadowsky of some sort. 5 strings are welcome (I know I said I don't need one, but I love em all the same :)), maple board is preferable.

So I bought this a few weeks ago on here. I've just put a new set of GHS Bass Boomers on it, and had it set up, so I'm offering it up for the price of [s]£945 posted, or £920 picked up.[/s]

Cheers

James

Edited by Higgie

Wow, that didn't last long!!!
Just to add my two penneth, this is an awesome Bass that has to be seen, heard and touched to believe, it's as smooth as a babies, well y'know, and a serious high end Bass.
Higgie is an awesome guy to deal with so have no fears in dealing with him, honest, reliable and to the point.
Take this Bass home it's wonderful.
Good luck with the sale Higgie, am just in the process of picking up my Mayones Jabba 5 String from BassDirect, and it's almost a carbon copy of the DJ5, can't wait.

The GroovyPlucker

I know - If I had the choice I wouldn't sell it, it's such a gorgeous bass, but I can't be without an amp at all (meaning it's a bass that has to go), and this is the only one of my basses that I don't particularly need! Last in, first out etc...

Thanks for the kind words dude.

It does! It plays better than it sounds, it sounds better than it looks, and it looks better than it plays...The perfect Catch 22 situation! :rolleyes:

I REALLY wish I could keep it, but other things are needed, and a 5 isn't one of them :)

[quote name='Higgie' post='878719' date='Jun 27 2010, 11:20 AM']It does! It plays better than it sounds, it sounds better than it looks, and it looks better than it plays...The perfect Catch 22 situation! :rolleyes:

I REALLY wish I could keep it, but other things are needed, and a 5 isn't one of them :)[/quote]

You're so right Higgie and Dave, someone give this a space in their guitar rack, it's so beautiful and black I'm suprised Madonna or Angelina Jolie hasn't bought it!

The GroovyPlucker

Edited by The GroovyPlucker

• 2 weeks later...

Bump. £965/950 is a great price for a bass of this caliber considering the quality of the work that was done at The Bass Gallery, it's still possible to put the original pickups in it! All original bits included also!

Been playing this tonight and it's a REALLY good bass. I just don't need it at the mo. I think it's worth mentioning that I've had a DJ5 before this one and only sold it because I wasn't using it, and jumped at the chance to own another one. But the sad thing is I just don't need a 5 string J. As soon as I do though, I know what I'll be buying!