Why become a member? ×

Rhythm Stick

thinman

Have finally graduated onto playing "Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick" but the band's a bit stuck on the chorus.

Over the "Hit me with your rhythm stick..." line on the bass it's F, G and then.......

I think it may be an A but our guitarist thinks it's Ab. Does anyone know what the guitar chords are too? Can't find anything on the net and find it hard to ork out from the record.

[quote name='thinman' post='874789' date='Jun 22 2010, 08:12 PM']Have finally graduated onto playing "Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick" but the band's a bit stuck on the chorus.

Over the "Hit me with your rhythm stick..." line on the bass it's F, G and then.......

I think it may be an A but our guitarist thinks it's Ab. Does anyone know what the guitar chords are too? Can't find anything on the net and find it hard to ork out from the record.[/quote]
Definitely A.

The first two times.

Then F, G, Ab, A, Bb, A, Ab, G, Bb, C

:)

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='874806' date='Jun 22 2010, 08:34 PM'][url="http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/i/ian_dury_and_the_blockheads/hit_me_with_your_rhythm_stick_tab.htm"]http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/i/ian_...m_stick_tab.htm[/url][/quote]

Thanks - our guitarist has tried that one and it doesn't seem right. Looking at some video one of the Blockheads is playing something much further down the kneck.