Why become a member? ×

2008 MIM Uber Black Fender Jazz - PRICE DROP

merello

Trying to fund purchase of another bass on here. So selling a MIM maple black Jazz Bass.

Bought a few months ago from Tom1946 for £320. It came with a white pearlescent guard that I will include.
Control panel has been shielded since purchase, new strings, capacitor put on to the tone control (sounds a wee bit brighter I think!) and a setup by 7string from this forum.

Despite all of these upgrades, I am still only looking for £325+pp or looking to trade up to something better up to about £600 (ie this plus £250) due the the extreme GASage on this forum just now! Laklands, Shuker and Warwicks......... :)

Basic image with black pickguard:

Boring headstock image!

Back of body and neckplate.

Body shot to try and show marks on the body - one at back armrest bit and a mark on the upper horn.

Back of head with serial no. edited out:

Standard bridge

Gigged twice since purchase and it played beautifully.

Not for sale elsewhere but I am not desperate as I still like it, I like it a lot!

Cheers!

Edited by merello

[quote name='sunfish' post='872252' date='Jun 19 2010, 11:06 PM']Like it!
Got any more pix.
Back of the headstock. neckplate and back of body.[/quote]
Bumped because of my attempts to meet your desires sir!

Edited by merello

[quote name='darwin' post='875093' date='Jun 23 2010, 08:15 AM']Hi, I'm very tempted.... could you take a couple more shots of the two dings please.... Thanks.[/quote]
I'm at work just now but I'll see what I can do tonight mate. Tom had some great hi-res images when he sold it that I can't match with my 'Cooncil camera!'

Sorry guys, work, the world cup, laziness, doubt and an inability to shoot black gloss has sent me over the edge! (Not your faults!) :)

Here are my best efforts:

Best/worst ding.

Bridge area.

I had many attempts but a combination of an inability to control the flash and reflections of my semi-naked body in reflection meant they are the best two I could get.

To wordify the images, the 'arm-rest' area one is through the polish and paint. The 'horn' one is noticeable but only through the polish. I am not trying to hide anything (not that either of you suggested I was) I am just crap at indoor photifying!

I hope this helps you guys.

Really, the marks are nothing on this bass.

As the previous owner I can say with confidence that it left me as a great player, and it's had a top setup since then.
Buy with confidence folks.

[quote name='merello' post='877955' date='Jun 26 2010, 09:00 AM']Sorry guys, work, the world cup, laziness, doubt and an inability to shoot black gloss has sent me over the edge! (Not your faults!) :)

Here are my best efforts:

Best/worst ding.

Bridge area.

I had many attempts but a combination of an inability to control the flash and reflections of my semi-naked body in reflection meant they are the best two I could get.

To wordify the images, the 'arm-rest' area one is through the polish and paint. The 'horn' one is noticeable but only through the polish. I am not trying to hide anything (not that either of you suggested I was) I am just crap at indoor photifying!

I hope this helps you guys.[/quote]

Helps greatly thanks. Very great price for this. Willing to post? Or drop off?

[quote name='TomNicoBassman' post='878130' date='Jun 26 2010, 01:37 PM']Helps greatly thanks. Very great price for this. Willing to post? Or drop off?[/quote]
Post or pick up. If someone buys it I either add the P+P and arrange it online or I ask the buyer to arrange it at our mutual convenience. Tom put me on to Parcel2Go - great service.

[quote name='merello' post='878328' date='Jun 26 2010, 06:18 PM']Post or pick up. If someone buys it I either add the P+P and arrange it online or I ask the buyer to arrange it at our mutual convenience. Tom put me on to Parcel2Go - great service.[/quote]

Magic, Im very keen but would look to maybe test it out. Where bouts in Glasgow are you?