Why become a member? ×

SOLD-TOKAI Hardpuncher -PRICE DROP

Cygnus x-1

Hello, I have for sale my Made in Japan Tokai Hardpuncher, it’s in beautiful as new condition and has only been used at home, never gigged.

It is in a beautiful golden colour, a little bit lighter than the photo’s show with an aged vintage colour maple neck & fret board and a colour matched headstock. It has a vintage style anodised metal scratch plate. It is quite a light bass. Will come with new strings on. I've had it about a year.

It has only been out of the house once and that was when my mate tried it on one song (for me!) on his bands sound check. It sounded absolutely superb no different from his USA Fender precision and looked absolutely amazing under stage lights.

I’m not desperate to sell as this is a fantastic looking and sounding bass, but my collection is now up to 5 and I’m only allowed 4 (lack of space) so one has to go. Will be sad to see it go but they are all good basses.

Please note this is a Japanese one not to be confused with Chinese Tokai’s and they retail for about £600, I will take £390 for this including free insured shipping within the UK. My packing has been described as bomb proof so bass will be lovingly packed for its journey to the buyer. Thanks for looking.

[attachment=52617:tokaibass_010.jpg] [attachment=52619:tokaibass_013.jpg]

[attachment=52620:tokaibass_012.jpg] [attachment=52621:tokaibass_003.jpg]

[attachment=52622:tokaibass_008.jpg] [attachment=52623:tokaibass_009.jpg]

Edited by Cygnus x-1

BUMP................ there has been some confusion as to wheather this is a top quallity japanese Tokai or a cheap taiwanese one, this is the real deal, I did photgraph the 'made in japan' words printed under the varnish at the back of the neck but due to the (very) bright sunlight the words were not readable in the picture. I will take and post another picture of this if any potential buyer wants to see it.

May part ex for reasonable 6 string accoustic guitar + cash.............BUMP

[quote name='TomTom' post='889748' date='Jul 8 2010, 06:21 PM']Id love this. I just cant justify it when i have 3 other basses. I need to sell one methinks.[/quote]

yeh, I know what you mean, i'd love to keep it, but 5 basses is too many, it is a superb bass and if it doesn't sell I will have to advertise one of the others, cheers.

Thing is, i have a Ltd, which was my first bass, and i cant bring myself to get rid of it. Mainly because of sentimental reasons, but aside from the crappy pickups etc, its a f***ing sweet bass! Id be happy enough to sell my maverick S4 but i dont know if there would be any interest really :s