Why become a member? ×

Sold please delete

mikhay77

My mates selling his bass gear and I just put his westone on here and this is his trace elliot head,its an ah 350 gp7sm,made in 1992.Big big sound,the only things wrong apart from being well gigged are there is no green florescent tube fitted,2 little rubber caps missing from the two low EQ sliders and 1 of the high eq sliders a is little tight,but everything works perfectly,I think its a mk5 or mk6 but I will be corrected,collect or can courier,cheers[attachment=52330:Photo0104.jpg][attachment=52331:Photo0105.jpg][attachment=52332:trac
e_1.jpg][attachment=52333:trace_2__2_.jpg]

Edited by mikhay77

[quote name='mikhay77' post='868311' date='Jun 15 2010, 07:34 PM']I think its a mk5 or mk6 but I will be corrected[/quote]
The clue is in the name "SM" - it's the series after the Series 6 range, what many feel is the last great Trace :)

I wonder if Nic would notice it....

[quote name='Merton' post='869435' date='Jun 16 2010, 09:00 PM']The clue is in the name "SM" - it's the series after the Series 6 range, what many feel is the last great Trace :)

I wonder if Nic would notice it....[/quote]
I've got the 250W, 12 band, dual preamp AH250SMX, and I still love it after about 17 years! If I was into having a backup head I'd be well into this!

[quote name='ahpook' post='870880' date='Jun 18 2010, 03:39 PM']i had the 150W version of this head for many many years - cracking sound and built like the proverbial brick latrine.[/quote]
I don't suppose TE recommend relieving yourself inside the amp heads, although this wasn't specifically proscribed in the SMX instruction book.. could there be some American-style litigation potential here? :)