Why become a member? ×

***SOLD Fender USA Jazz Standard 5 String Bass, Aero p/ups, Badass bridge, Fender Case ***SOLD

silverfoxnik

[b]Thanks for all the interest Folks, but the bass is now SOLD! [/b]

Hi Folks

Bit of a dilema for me here which is forcing this sale...

To explain briefly, my main gigging bass is a Fender Roscoe Beck 5 string with an Aguilar OB-3 pre-amp which is absolutely great! But I always like to have a back up 5 string of comparable quality and at the moment, I have two very good basses to choose from in that department. First is a passive Roscoe Beck 5 and the second is this gorgeous looking [b]USA Jazz 5 string Standard[/b], that's been very well upgraded by it's previous owner (Gary Williams) with a [b]Badass Bridge[/b] and some [b]custom wound Aero pick ups[/b], [b]new pots[/b] and a [b]pearloid scratchplate[/b]!

[attachment=52264:Body_top_on_case_1.jpg] [attachment=52265:Full_len...n_case_1.jpg] [attachment=52266:Full_len..._on_case.jpg] [attachment=52267:Case_wit...der_Logo.jpg] [attachment=52268:Headstoc..._in_case.jpg] [attachment=52269:Back_of_headstock.jpg]

Soundwise, it's a naturally [b]very resonant bass[/b] and I know that Gary looked for a long time before buying to find such a fine example of a lightweight yet resonant bass.. By adding the Aeros and new pots it's really got some attack - think [b]Tower of Power/Rocco Prestia[/b] and you're in the right kind of sonic area! But by rolling the tone control back and favouring the neck pick up, there's plenty of [b]warm, vintage Fender tones [/b]in there too!

It's the only bass I've ever used at a gig (apart from a Lakland DJ5 I once had) that our guitarist has ever commented on and luckily, he thinks it's a real stunner (as do I). It's a [b]34" scale neck[/b] with an [b]excellent low B string[/b] by the way and is in [b]9.5/10 condition [/b]and plays beautifully (19mm at the bridge by the way). As I understand it, this finish is no longer available either...

[attachment=52270:Close_up...pick_ups.jpg] [attachment=52271:Back_of_...ng_thrus.jpg] [attachment=52272:Silver_neck_plate.jpg] [attachment=52273:Jazz_5_i...se_top_2.jpg]

The reason I'm selling this right now instead of the passive Roscoe Beck is that I've decided to stick with two 5 strings that are virtually identical apart from the Aguillar pre, and I've bought an Aguillar Tone Hammer to sort that out..So it's this one that has to go sadly!

So, if possible, I'd like to get [b]£750 o.n.o[/b]. for this bass and i think that's a fair price given the [b]substantial upgrades[/b] it's had done to it! I don't have any soundclips I'm afraid but if you're local and you'd like to come and [b]check it out,[/b] you'd be very welcome. And I'm [b]happy to post[/b] via the insured carrier of your choice...but it will be very well packed!!

Any more questions, please PM me or get in touch here..

Thanks for looking!

Nik

Edited by silverfoxnik

[quote name='Gary Williams' post='867721' date='Jun 15 2010, 08:05 AM']Hi Nik - this is beautiful. I should know as it used to be mine!

Good luck with the sale.

Nik is a top guy to deal with so buy with confidence :0)[/quote]
Thanks Gary! It is a beautiful bass indeed and I wish I could keep but but right now, cash is king!

Anyway, hope all's well with you..

Nik

Guest johnzgerman

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='867690' date='Jun 15 2010, 01:57 AM']Hi Folks

Bit of a dilema for me here which is forcing this sale...

To explain briefly, my main gigging bass is a Fender Roscoe Beck 5 string with an Aguilar OB-3 pre-amp which is absolutely great! But I always like to have a back up 5 string of comparable quality and at the moment, I have two very good basses to choose from in that department. First is a passive Roscoe Beck 5 and the second is this gorgeous looking [b]USA Jazz 5 string Standard[/b], that's been very well upgraded by it's previous owner (Gary Williams) with a [b]Badass Bridge[/b] and some [b]custom wound Aero pick ups[/b], [b]new pots[/b] and a [b]pearloid scratchplate[/b]!

[attachment=52264:Body_top_on_case_1.jpg] [attachment=52265:Full_len...n_case_1.jpg] [attachment=52266:Full_len..._on_case.jpg] [attachment=52267:Case_wit...der_Logo.jpg] [attachment=52268:Headstoc..._in_case.jpg] [attachment=52269:Back_of_headstock.jpg]

Soundwise, it's a naturally [b]very resonant bass[/b] and I know that Gary looked for a long time before buying to find such a fine example of a lightweight yet resonant bass.. By adding the Aeros and new pots it's really got some attack - think [b]Tower of Power/Rocco Prestia[/b] and you're in the right kind of sonic area! But by rolling the tone control back and favouring the neck pick up, there's plenty of [b]warm, vintage Fender tones [/b]in there too!

It's the only bass I've ever used at a gig (apart from a Lakland DJ5 I once had) that our guitarist has ever commented on and luckily, he thinks it's a real stunner (as do I). It's a [b]34" scale neck[/b] with an [b]excellent low B string[/b] by the way and is in [b]9.5/10 condition [/b]and plays beautifully (19mm at the bridge by the way). As I understand it, this finish is no longer available either...

[attachment=52270:Close_up...pick_ups.jpg] [attachment=52271:Back_of_...ng_thrus.jpg] [attachment=52272:Silver_neck_plate.jpg] [attachment=52273:Jazz_5_i...se_top_2.jpg]

The reason I'm selling this right now instead of the passive Roscoe Beck is that I've decided to stick with two 5 strings that are virtually identical apart from the Aguillar pre, and I've bought an Aguillar Tone Hammer to sort that out..So it's this one that has to go sadly!

So, if possible, I'd like to get [b]£750 o.n.o[/b]. for this bass and i think that's a fair price given the [b]substantial upgrades[/b] it's had done to it! I don't have any soundclips I'm afraid but if you're local and you'd like to come and [b]check it out,[/b] you'd be very welcome. And I'm [b]happy to post[/b] via the insured carrier of your choice...but it will be very well packed!!

Any more questions, please PM me or get in touch here..

Thanks for looking!

Nik[/quote]

hi Nik, can you still use the string through body option with that badass bridge?

[quote name='johnzgerman' post='869143' date='Jun 16 2010, 03:20 PM']hi Nik, can you still use the string through body option with that badass bridge?[/quote]
That's a good question which I don't know the answer to! Will check when I get home and let you know...