Why become a member? ×

Acoustic Control Corporation Bass Cabs

cd_david

Hi

Ive just bought one (361) in a bit of a state and was after detailed pictures of the cab to see how its covered and what with, what the grill cloth is and finishing details etc. I would be grateful of any pics posted,

Thanks in advance

Dave

[quote name='cd_david' post='867260' date='Jun 14 2010, 06:29 PM']Hi

Ive just bought one (361) in a bit of a state and was after detailed pictures of the cab to see how its covered and what with, what the grill cloth is and finishing details etc. I would be grateful of any pics posted,

Thanks in advance

Dave[/quote]

is this the one was on ebay last week?

[quote name='bumnote' post='867395' date='Jun 14 2010, 08:25 PM']is this the one was on ebay last week?[/quote]

It is. re covered in a grey fabric material with aluminium edging?, all of which has been removed now to leave a horrible sticky residue. Im going to leave the glue to hopefully cure for a few week before starting to sort out the woodwork before covering again. which is why i was after close ups of tolex pattern, where the joins are etc.

Cheers

Dave

Well done on your purchase young man! You have joined an elite band, ie, you are now an owner of some of the worlds best bass gear!

If you go on the unofficial Acoustic website, there is a guy on there called George Grexa (?) he can supply most of the parts to restore ACC gear to its former glory. Its not cheap though, but most parts are original or as close as possibe. If you email him, be sure to put the word Acoustic in the title header, or he will just delete your email without reading it!

Good luck with the restoration, it will be worth it.

Oh yeah, just had a quick look and Georges email is [email protected]

Edited by 4-string-thing

hi

A friend and i looked at that

the 361 was originally the daddy to have consisting of a 200 watt powered cabinet [amplifier in the bottom of the cab] with the preamp as a seperate head on the top. It had originally a 18 in cerwin vega loudspeaker, and at the time it was probably the loudest around, and the bass amp of choice for pro bands.

This was later changed to the 370 head which was a 275 watt conventional amp and a similar 301 cab with the cerwin vega rear facing speaker.

Heres a a pic of what it looks like.

As far as restoring it you wont really be able to restore it fully unless there is the amp in the bottom, [the seller didnt think there was] so its up to you if you want to go as far as buying in the right stuff from the usa

I think the speaker has been changed too.

Acoustic is great stuff I still use a couple today.

Hi Dave,

I've just ordered some black tolex from Solasound, as the sample looks very similar to that used on my 70's Acoustic cabs. Will let you know, when it arrives. I will use it on my Acousticlone 361 anyway !

Good luck with the restoration, what speaker is inside ?

Mike.