Why become a member? ×

Zoom H4, Excellent Condition, hardly used - £140 posted

Zoom H4 in excellent condition. Have built out a studio now and upgraded my portable recording set up so its no longer needed.

2GB SD card and power supply, tripod bracket (no tripod) and Microphone wind shield. USB cable and Cubase SE software included.

£140 UK Posted and £135 if you can collect. Based Worcester Park, Surrey

Pics:

Cheers, John

[quote name='captain black' post='870573' date='Jun 18 2010, 10:34 AM']Could I use this as a portable practice device and play along to tracks on the memory card?[/quote]

Not sure, let me check the instructions and get back to you. No reason why not, just not sure if the device will pick up the MP3s on the card to allow you to play along to them.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is sold but I'm looking for some user feedback. I play in a loud rockband, and when we're working on new songs it'd be great to be able to put something like this in the middle of the practice room and record a "take" that we can then distribute by email in-between-practices so we can avoid that "what did it go like last week" syndrome.

Would this be suitable? We've tried doing this on our phones but the mic gets totally distorted with anything other than acoustic guitar and vocals - and I'd really like to do it with guitar/guitar/bass/drums/vocals but still get a "cleanish" recording.

Yes, thats what I used the one at work for. It has a great limiter that I just leave on the highest setting, it doesn't give you abbey road in your hand, but its great for emailing tracks to each other. We just stick them in a public folder in dropbox.com and the band grab them. Some times use soundcloud too.

If you havent got a dropbox heres a link to my refferal (I get an extra much needed 250mb for every refferal :) )https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTM0Mjc3NTM5

[quote name='Toasted' post='883840' date='Jul 2 2010, 12:07 PM']I know this is sold but I'm looking for some user feedback. I play in a loud rockband, and when we're working on new songs it'd be great to be able to put something like this in the middle of the practice room and record a "take" that we can then distribute by email in-between-practices so we can avoid that "what did it go like last week" syndrome.

Would this be suitable? We've tried doing this on our phones but the mic gets totally distorted with anything other than acoustic guitar and vocals - and I'd really like to do it with guitar/guitar/bass/drums/vocals but still get a "cleanish" recording.[/quote]
Hi Toasted. I bought this off Wildman hoping it'll do exactly that. Got a rehearsal tomorrow night and I'll try it out for the first time so I'll let you know how the recordings sound. The H2 is supposed to be good for live recordings as well and they're the same price new as I paid for this one.

Lee-Man - dropbox looks good so there might be another 250mb coming your way!

If that's what you're using the H4 for, a quick tip ... make sure you have it set to record in mp3 format (it defaults to .wav) or you'll end up with daft file-sizes which are no use for email.

+1 to the auto-limiter, but also make sure you have the Gain set to High, i.e. for use in a high-Gain environment.

If you're planning to use the USB cable link to your PC, I found it much easier to just take the SD card out of the Zoom and plug it into the card-reader on the PC.

[quote name='Kinder' post='886300' date='Jul 5 2010, 02:17 PM']Hi Toasted. I bought this off Wildman hoping it'll do exactly that. Got a rehearsal tomorrow night and I'll try it out for the first time so I'll let you know how the recordings sound. The H2 is supposed to be good for live recordings as well and they're the same price new as I paid for this one.

Lee-Man - dropbox looks good so there might be another 250mb coming your way![/quote]

Cheers mate:)