Why become a member? ×

SOLD: John East P-Retro (as new) preamp for a P Bass: SOLD

I bought this from John this week, installed and realised it won't fit properly due to the battery box for my LEDS in the neck

I'm not prepared to cut the bass up anymore, so this can't be fitted and is up for.

It's as new with the vintage style chrome knobs (selling for £195). All instructions, original packaging and recharger are included.

It sounds absolutely wonderful and the boost sounds amazing.

I'm gutted that this hasn't worked out but I guess it will teach me to do my homework first. These cost £195 new and this is on sale for £165 inc postage and is literally 2-3 days old. Apparently they aren't in stock currently either. I'd also consider a trade with a Stagg EUB for similar or a 4 ohm 4 X10 plus a bit of cash from me.

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

Nick,

Easy for me to say, of course, but if I were you I'd keep it.

Of all the basses in the world, the one you're most likely to end up owning again at some point in the future has to be a stock P-bass!

Just keep the P-retro against the day that happens.

Or look for a "Precision project" with missing knobs & electrics on eBay.

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='865754' date='Jun 13 2010, 10:17 AM']Well just the battery then. :)

In all seriousnes though, how much juice do the LEDs draw?
Could you connect them up to the P-Retro's power?[/quote]

Not sure that's an option. The power supply for the P-Retro is on-board. If it was a 9V battery, no problem as the LED's won't drain much.
I bet John would do a "mod" if asked......

[quote name='BassBunny' post='867255' date='Jun 14 2010, 06:22 PM']Not sure that's an option. The power supply for the P-Retro is on-board. If it was a 9V battery, no problem as the LED's won't drain much.
I bet John would do a "mod" if asked......[/quote]
Yeah I know. I was on about leaching off of that. I suspect you'd be charging it up all the time - but at the end of the day it wouldn't be using any more overall juice than if 2 power sources were used, with the bonus of been more convenient than putting a new battery in for the LEDs each time.... type bump. :)