Why become a member? ×

Newcastle blues jam

Ba55me15ter

I'm stepping into the house band bass position for this inaugural blues jam night at Hyem bar on Chillingham Road, Heaton, Tues 15th June 8pm+.

Bring an instrument (backline provided) or just come along and drink beer. I have no idea what to expect, except there's a short house band set and then it's open to anyone to give it a go with backing from us if desired.

Mmmm! Might pop along just to see all that lovely gear you've got! I used to live just off Chilly Road - where is Hyem bar? Did it used to be called something else? Was it that "private members" bar on the corner of, er, I think, Simonside terrace?

Edited by Conan

It used to be called Echo, opposite Motorworld.

[url="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&q=Chillingham+Rd,+Byker,+Newcastle+Upon+Tyne,+Tyne+And+Wear+NE6,+United+Kingdom&sll=55.015882,-1.622552&sspn=0.00657,0.025856&ie=UTF8&cd=1&geocode=FecHRwMdsO_n_w&split=0&hq=&hnear=Chillingham+Rd,+Newcastle+Upon+Tyne,+Tyne+And+Wear+NE6,+United+Kingdom&ll=54.987027,-1.57716&spn=0.003287,0.012928&t=h&z=17&layer=c&cbll=54.986917,-1.577112&panoid=o97fQG1rtlV-WkOqeNu-lg&cbp=12,91.4,,0,2.68"]linky[/url]

Don't get too excited about the gear - it's not my backline and I'm seriously considering taking the Wesley!

That looks and sounds pretty good. Shame I couldn't make it last night, but will try to get to the next one! How many people were in?

I thought that track as "Cold Shot" by SRV at first....!

Edited by Conan