Why become a member? ×

Nice looking Alembic 5 on eBay

I would like an Alembic 5 although I cannot afford one without selling something first. nevertheless what do the Alembic-watchers think of this one? Has a super-expensive cocobolo top which obviously adds to price (as will import duties etc) but does look rather nice [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2003-CUSTOM-ALEMBIC-ORION-5-STRING-BASS-/110541650930?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar&hash=item19bccbbbf2"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2003-CUSTOM-ALEMBIC-...=item19bccbbbf2[/url]

Given I need to sell to buy, I think I will stay away here, Thanks lozbass for advice on price, it did look a little OTT to me (and no bids is normally a good clue) but good to hear from someone 'in the know'.

Hi,

Looks like my old Spoiler has you hankering for some more Alembic action...

That one in the states does have a very nice cocobolo top, but as you rightly say, you need to factor in possible import duty on top of any price. You would also need to ask for it to be shipped in a hardcase for any insurance to be valid.

It looks in great condition, and if you can get it at the right price (i.e. close to the start price), it looks like a great deal.

Cheers, Lee

The orion has a set neck rather than a through neck. That doesn't necessarily mean its lower quality as far as basses generally go either (Jaydees have set necks as a preference because John Diggins claims it reduces deadspots)