Why become a member? ×

SOLD!!! Fender Precision MIJ - Price drop - £400

King Tut

A vintage Ibanez PJ means this baby has to go.

She's an 'F' serial made in Japan Precision which dates her to 86/87 - model designation - PB - 5 5 7.

When I bought her she'd been stripped and badly brush varnished. She's been refinished in Nitro Black by Andy Viccars, who also fitted the extra Jazz pickup . . . [url="http://www.andyviccarscustom.co.uk/"]http://www.andyviccarscustom.co.uk/[/url] . Be aware that nitro finishes are fragile, and the matte look on the back has been caused by constantly rubbing against my clothes during gigs.

As you can see, she's got some dinks and buckle rash on the back - all superficial and inevitable on a nitro bass that's been gigged a lot. The mark on the neck is a scratch and not a crack - Andy's checked this out and confirmed it - it's been there since before I bought the bass - it's not caused any problems and I don't notice it when I'm playing it.

There's plenty of use left in the frets and no problems with the truss rod.

It was fitted with a BA II bridge for a while, and the marks left by this are visible around the original bridge if you look closely.

The controls are . . .
Front knob - pickup pan
Middle Knob - volume
Back knob - tone

All the hardware is original except the scratchplate and the strap pegs. It will come with normal non locking strap pegs.

The Jazz Pickup is a Wizard 84 that's been overwound to help the volume match the 'P' pickup. The overwinding gives it a fairly 'dark' tone.

It's strung with LaBella 110 flats. I'd be happy to string it with something else if you didn't like these strings.

Looking for [s]£450[/s] now £400 inc case collection only from Milton Keynes, or Central London (Euston) for an extra £20.

Now for the Pics . . . .

Edited by King Tut

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh beautiful!!!!!!!

Would you take a kidney as payment?

Seriously, what a beaut.

If I hadn't got my Road Worn on the way I'd be biting your arm off for this. The J pickup is a nice touch too.

I know some people won't like the fact it's been refinished and a pickup added, but I'd jump at that.

Good luck!