Why become a member? ×

1975 CMI Rickenfaker

Soloshchenko

[quote name='ped' post='882612' date='Jul 1 2010, 12:19 AM']Well there isn't but lets just say 3 pages is rather a lot[/quote]

I don't really see why it matters tbh but there you go.

I'm not in any rush to sell the bass, had 2 offers from abroad but not gonna ship outside the UK thanks folks.

[quote name='ped' post='885649' date='Jul 4 2010, 06:28 PM']And there's today bump as expected... perhaps you need to adjust your price, bumping clearly isn't working![/quote]

Ped, what on earth is your problem man? You asked me to chill out the bumps and limit them to every couple of days, one reads the 2nd July, the next is the 4th. Can I politely request that now I've done as you asked you butt out of the thread? There's nothing in the rules about having a bass on here for a while (some have been on far longer in fact) but you seem fixated on suggesting I'm doing something wrong on here when I'm not. As I've said, I'm in no rush to sell and am now having second thoughts about it anyway after joining a new band.

I've had three offers of £420 for the bass which suggests to me it isn't incorrectly priced, unfortunately they have all been from abroad and I don't want to post to Europe.

In fact, I will bring the price down, now £400. I hope nothing else is an issue for you mate!

[quote name='Soloshchenko' post='887632' date='Jul 6 2010, 06:40 PM']Ped, what on earth is your problem man? You asked me to chill out the bumps and limit them to every couple of days, one reads the 2nd July, the next is the 4th. Can I politely request that now I've done as you asked you butt out of the thread? There's nothing in the rules about having a bass on here for a while (some have been on far longer in fact) but you seem fixated on suggesting I'm doing something wrong on here when I'm not. As I've said, I'm in no rush to sell and am now having second thoughts about it anyway after joining a new band.

I've had three offers of £420 for the bass which suggests to me it isn't incorrectly priced, unfortunately they have all been from abroad and I don't want to post to Europe.

In fact, I will bring the price down, now £400. I hope nothing else is an issue for you mate![/quote]

Hi mate

PM sent (an apology) - Like I said via PM I definitely have come across as a bit of a prick there...

ped

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hiya.
I am sure you dont want a trade, but I will ask, especially as you like jazzes.
Any interest in this?
I live in Wigan so coming up is no prob.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=99803"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=99803[/url]

If not, good luck with the sale.
Cheers,
Karl.

[quote name='Soloshchenko' post='847981' date='May 25 2010, 10:00 PM']Not had this long and not 100% sure whether to sell as I waited ages to get a good Rickenfaker and I'd be surprised if I see a nicer one. As a Jazz bass man I'm having issues adjusting to the body shape therefore I'm thinking of selling this beauty.

This is a 1975 (dated by Bassassasin) Japanese Rickenbacker copy by CMI. Thru neck, 2 inputs, absolutely incredible condition given the age. The bass has been set up by Tito Dalmedo of Fulwood (see recommended Luthiers thread) and has been re strung with ernie ball round wounds. It had some very dead looking flat wounds when I got it.

Possibly the most surprising thing about the bass is the light weight. It's noticably lighter than my standard Jazz bass. The sound is incredible. Really huge bassy thud, especially the neck pickup. My band are moaning at me for thinking of selling.

The bass comes with a rather odd hard case I got with it. It is basically a guitar hardcase with a hole where the top 2cm of the headstock points out. Not great, but I'll throw it in regardless.

Price is £400 collected from Preston.[/quote]

hi am interested i could arrange collection would that be ok
chris