Why become a member? ×

1975 CMI Rickenfaker

Soloshchenko

Not had this long and not 100% sure whether to sell as I waited ages to get a good Rickenfaker and I'd be surprised if I see a nicer one. As a Jazz bass man I'm having issues adjusting to the body shape therefore I'm thinking of selling this beauty.

This is a 1975 (dated by Bassassasin) Japanese Rickenbacker copy by CMI. Thru neck, 2 inputs, absolutely incredible condition given the age. The bass has been set up by Tito Dalmedo of Fulwood (see recommended Luthiers thread) and has been re strung with ernie ball round wounds. It had some very dead looking flat wounds when I got it.

Possibly the most surprising thing about the bass is the light weight. It's noticably lighter than my standard Jazz bass. The sound is incredible. Really huge bassy thud, especially the neck pickup. My band are moaning at me for thinking of selling.

The bass comes with a rather odd hard case I got with it. It is basically a guitar hardcase with a hole where the top 2cm of the headstock points out. Not great, but I'll throw it in regardless.

Price is £400 collected from Preston.

Edited by Soloshchenko