Why become a member? ×

G&L L-1500 SOLD

loweringthetone

American made G&L L-1500 in tobacco sunburst . Excellent glossy condition, with original case. It's is a USA made bass, not a tribute series
Searching the web tells me that this is the G&L equivalent of the sterling. Tone is precise, full and aggressive - an apparently well known charactersitic of the L-1500 .

Neck and headstock are unmarked ( as far as I can see). Metal work is as bright as new, The body is glossy and has three dings - Ive photo'd them as best I can - a small one by the pick up, a 3x5mm dink and an elogated indentation near the strap button.

The bass has hardly been used by me, or the previous owner, who was a local guy who got it from new. Label on the back gives the original price as £1079.

Comes with original G&L case with one one loose button underneath but otherwise in excellent condition

Weight : 8.8 lb ( by my bathroom scales)
Colour : The sunburst is less garish than in the photos
Date : difficult . Its a CLF serial number which seems to be late 90s early 2000s

No trades (unless you have some Phil jones gear ) and I will entertain offers on the asking price of £599

[attachment=50403:whole.JPG][attachment=50404:Front_2.JPG][attachment=50406:Front_close.JPG] [attachment=50407:Front_Ding.JPG] [attachment=50408:Back_dings.JPG][attachment=50409:Tags.JPG][attachment=50405:Back.JPG][attachment=5
0413:Headstock_front.JPG][attachment=50410:Headstock_back.JPG]

Edited by loweringthetone

[quote name='loweringthetone' post='845997' date='May 23 2010, 08:41 PM']American made G&L L-1500 in tobacco sunburst . Excellent glossy condition, with original case. It's is a USA made bass, not a tribute series
Searching the web tells me that this is the G&L equivalent of the sterling. Tone is precise, full and aggressive - an apparently well known charactersitic of the L-1500 .

Neck and headstock are unmarked ( as far as I can see). Metal work is as bright as new, The body is glossy and has three dings - Ive photo'd them as best I can - a small one by the pick up, a 3x5mm dink and an elogated indentation near the strap button.

The bass has hardly been used by me, or the previous owner, who was a local guy who got it from new. Label on the back gives the original price as £1079.

Comes with original G&L case with one one loose button underneath but otherwise in excellent condition

Weight : 8.8 lb ( by my bathroom scales)
Colour : The sunburst is less garish than in the photos
Date : difficult . Its a CLF serial number which seems to be late 90s early 2000s

No trades (unless you have some Phil jones gear ) and I will entertain offers on the asking price.

[attachment=50403:whole.JPG][attachment=50404:Front_2.JPG][attachment=50406:Front_close.JPG] [attachment=50407:Front_Ding.JPG] [attachment=50408:Back_dings.JPG][attachment=50409:Tags.JPG][attachment=50405:Back.JPG][attachment=5
0413:Headstock_front.JPG][attachment=50410:Headstock_back.JPG][/quote]
I've played this & its nice! could well be worth a punt!

[quote name='giblett123' post='846651' date='May 24 2010, 04:56 PM']I've played this & its nice! could well be worth a punt![/quote]

For those who've never tried one of these, I would recommend it. Has the power of a musicman but with a greater variety of tones. The L1500 is not a one pickup G&L L2000 either. It's more aggressive and powerful, and of course you have the space and freedom between the neck and pickup to slap. At lower volumes will remove hardened earwax from the landlord's ears, and at high volume likely to disembowel cats. One of my fave basses. Only selling because I have acquired the special bass of my dreams, an Alembic.

[quote name='loweringthetone' post='847940' date='May 25 2010, 09:15 PM']For those who've never tried one of these, I would recommend it. Has the power of a musicman but with a greater variety of tones. The L1500 is not a one pickup G&L L2000 either. It's more aggressive and powerful, and of course you have the space and freedom between the neck and pickup to slap. At lower volumes will remove hardened earwax from the landlord's ears, and at high volume likely to disembowel cats. One of my fave basses. Only selling because I have acquired the special bass of my dreams, an Alembic.[/quote]

+1

sits in its own space in a band mix and I think they have quite a unique sound. passive/series is a great fingerstyle funk tone on the L1500. I also love playing mine with a pick,it cuts through a lot more than the L-2000.

[quote name='dub_junkie' post='848003' date='May 25 2010, 10:25 PM']+1

sits in its own space in a band mix and I think they have quite a unique sound. passive/series is a great fingerstyle funk tone on the L1500. I also love playing mine with a pick,it cuts through a lot more than the L-2000.[/quote]

Thanks DJ.

I had a few emails asking about the neck......its a sort of P bass profile, not narrow and certainly not mega thin. I suspect the mass contriburtes to the solid tone.
Presently set to a low action. Smoothly varnished ( no problems of the dirty fingerboards that you get on MM gun oiled necks) and I find it smooth and fast to play.

Bank holiday bump and I'm open to offers :)

[quote name='loweringthetone' post='850433' date='May 28 2010, 04:50 PM']Thanks DJ.

I had a few emails asking about the neck......its a sort of P bass profile, not narrow and certainly not mega thin. I suspect the mass contriburtes to the solid tone.
Presently set to a low action. Smoothly varnished ( no problems of the dirty fingerboards that you get on MM gun oiled necks) and I find it smooth and fast to play.

Bank holiday bump and I'm open to offers :)[/quote]
Surprised noone has gone for this one yet, nice looking and a really solid bass, what kind of ballpark offers are you looking for Colin?

[quote name='giblett123' post='855207' date='Jun 2 2010, 06:50 PM']Surprised no one has gone for this one yet, nice looking and a really solid bass, what kind of ballpark offers are you looking for Colin?[/quote]

Me too.....OK ..... it's time to grasp the nettle by the horns....... [b]Big price drop to £525 [/b]

This is for a USA G&L that's light, more versatile than an SR or a P bass, has massive tone, and apart from a couple of knocks and the smallest ding, is pretty much pristine. Oh, and you get the original case and paperwork as well

If it doesnt go at this price, Im keeping it !

[quote name='Gwilym' post='858038' date='Jun 5 2010, 11:14 AM']if that was the 5 string version I'd have bitten your arm off - awsome price![/quote]

Thanks Gwilym. Im just drilling the hole for the extra low B......... :)

[quote name='loweringthetone' post='859342' date='Jun 6 2010, 09:25 PM']Thanks Gwilym. Im just drilling the hole for the extra low B......... :rolleyes:[/quote]

hehe, the string spacing might be a bit tight for me :)

[quote name='Bison' post='861354' date='Jun 8 2010, 07:08 PM']PM sent.[/quote]

And replied. Still available

Ooops, no its not .....SOLD

For the record it went for about £500 to a fellow basschatter......