Why become a member? ×

Ratted out to the Feds?

daz

I looked out of the window yesterday to see some guy in a blue van with one of those fuzzy boom microphones on the pavement outside our house. Has some music hating (loving?) neighbour rat finked me out the environmental mob? I wouldnt mind but as i dont live on my own and we are semi detached it cant exactly have it loud! Anyway i am pretty sure it was the guy 2 doors down, he'd love to get me for something.

Wot a snobby sneak :snob:

[quote name='daz' post='845038' date='May 22 2010, 12:49 PM']I looked out of the window yesterday to see some guy in a blue van with one of those fuzzy boom microphones on the pavement outside our house. Has some music hating (loving?) neighbour rat finked me out the environmental mob? I wouldnt mind but as i dont live on my own and we are semi detached it cant exactly have it loud! Anyway i am pretty sure it was the guy 2 doors down, he'd love to get me for something.

Wot a snobby sneak :snob:[/quote]

Should act like a harassed celebrity, cover your face and do that arm waving/blocking thing they do.

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='845127' date='May 22 2010, 03:04 PM']If you are making a noise which is a nuisance to other other people, turn it down or use headphones. Its not difficult.[/quote]

Ah but you have to remember some people have the capacity to make a complaint if they can even hear it, no matter how quiet it is.

We used to get the neighbours complaining when we rehearsed in a semi-soundproofed studio. Their house was about 100ft away from the studio and there was a stone wall in between. I got the rest of the band to make a big racket once whilst I went outside the studio. It wasn't at all loud. I was suprised if they could even hear it at all, but my theory was at the time that it probably annoyed them in the same way someone else's headphones annoy you. It's not loud, it's just some people are intolerant.

[quote name='cameltoe' post='845183' date='May 22 2010, 04:40 PM']Ah but you have to remember some people have the capacity to make a complaint if they can even hear it, no matter how quiet it is.

We used to get the neighbours complaining when we rehearsed in a semi-soundproofed studio. Their house was about 100ft away from the studio and there was a stone wall in between. I got the rest of the band to make a big racket once whilst I went outside the studio. It wasn't at all loud. I was suprised if they could even hear it at all, but my theory was at the time that it probably annoyed them in the same way someone else's headphones annoy you. It's not loud, it's just some people are intolerant.[/quote]

Sure and that's where the Fed with the mic comes in. If they can't hear it nothing will be done.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='845152' date='May 22 2010, 03:56 PM']My sofa is flanked by an Aguilar GS412 and a ABM 8x10. I have never heard the neighbours complain.[/quote]

Or indeed anything at all :)

A