Why become a member? ×

1973 HiWatt Custom 100 Head

TomKent

Hey,

For sale is my 1973 HiWatt Custom100 (DR103) Head, no cab. It's in very good condition considering the age and still has the original tubes. Yes, this is the same model that Entwistle used. Not sure what I want for this as it's 'kind of' my baby, however the time has come when I need to move on and get something more suited for the job.

Ideally I want [s]£1200[/s] £1000, I am negotiable on this though.

Cheers,
TK

(In addition, I'm looking for something to replace it which is newer or maybe a Sadowsky 5) - THIS CAN COME WITH NON ORIGINAL CAB FOR EXTRA £50-100.

Edited by TomKent

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Back on the market.

Would consider swapping for the right thing, however I ideally want cash.

Edit:

I can also add in the cab I've been using for an extra £50-100, or if you want a guitar cab (for what ever reason) I also have one about.

Edited by TomKent

[quote name='TomKent' post='841586' date='May 18 2010, 11:12 PM']Hey,

For sale is my 1970's HiWatt Custom100 (DR103) Head, no cab (I am yet to contact HiWatt to confirm its exact year, but it's estimated between 1972 and 1974).[/quote]
No need to go to "Hiwatt"; Mark Huss is the fount of all knowledge Hiwatt & his pages should tell you.
[url="http://hiwatt.org/dates.html"]http://hiwatt.org/dates.html[/url]

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='1152107' date='Mar 7 2011, 12:51 AM']What sort of thing are you looking for? With the right cab I'm pretty sure this will do big and loud and clean.[/quote]

Looking for a Marshall guitar stack and maybe a TC bass stack in replacement; worked it out with those two in mind and came up with that figure.

[quote name='Le Chat Noir' post='1155501' date='Mar 9 2011, 04:03 PM']You might have more joy on some guitar-orientated sites like MusicRadar or even the Matamp forum - I think perhaps 100w just isn't enough headroom for most modern bassists, but these are certainly coveted in the guitar world![/quote]
I've used one of these & they are seriously loud, it seemed to be as powerful as my trace 600 smx head & it sounded lovely too,
Have a bump on me :)