Why become a member? ×

Aaron Armstrong custom wound soapbar, Precision body

I've got a bass incoming so my new rule of one in, one out applies. As such I'm splitting up my parts bass:

Mighty Mite fretless P bass neck, ebanol board (I think, or phenolic), non descript tuners. It has a few small scratches near the player by the highest side dot marker, and some light scoring on the fretboard from roundwounds. Besides that, it's a nice neck. I wasn't exactly a saint when it came to drilling pilot holes so you might want to dowel and redrill (it was fitted to an Encore body anyway so probably a good idea if you're looking to fit to a real Fender) [b]SOLD[/b]

John East BTB01 preamp. Lovely little unit, sounds great. [b]SOLD[/b]

Dimarzio P pickup (was stock on a late 80s NJ BC Rich Mockingbird, it's not marked so this is the only indication I have it's a Dimarzio). It sounds really fat and full, anyway! [b]SOLD[/b]

Aaron Armstrong wound soapbar - bought this off Skelf some time ago with the John East preamp, so presume it's the same sort that is used in ACG basses? Might be wrong. £25 + postage

Encore body, routed for the aforementioned soapbar, shielded, with a rear battery box. £30 + postage

Currently all this stuff is attached to my bits bass, so if there is any serious interest in bits I'll strip and take photos.

Strip the bass, that is.

Edited by Wil

Hard to say, it does have a chunky little circuit board under the stack. The P cavity had to be routed a tiny bit to accomidate it where I wanted it... If you're interested I'll try and get the bass stripped in the week and get some measurements.

I should add, the John East preamp is currently wired up with a 4 way pickup selector switch (wiring is there to connect up 2 pickups as it is), an active/passive switch, and a volume knob. The big 4 way rotary knob could be cut out of the equation for a single pickup bass. Not 100% sure how it would be wired for a Jazz, but I'm sure it would be fairly straightforward. You'll need a 9v battery connector too, cheap enough from maplin (it was wired straight to the battery box in my bass so had to cut the wires to remove it).

Edited by Wil

Soapbar still going - just to clarify it is an Aaron Armstrong custom wound humbucker, using alnico magnets, dimensions 100 mm x 40 mm x 19 mm, suitable for 4 strings. It has 4 tags and can be wired series/parrallel, but I unfortunately no longer have the wiring diagram. Or a clue :)