Why become a member? ×

Just bought this

tayste_2000

[quote name='Rich' post='842289' date='May 19 2010, 05:32 PM']*whimper* me want, muchly muchly.

I'd whack a D-tuner on it and leave everything else as is. Beautiful.[/quote]

Agreed I may but also going to get it rewired as 3 volume control isn't all that useful to me, what I'll probably have Overwater do is remove what is there and keep it as the original electronics and then add in either a 2 band preamp but most likely Master Volume, Blend, Pup1 Tone (Push Pull Series Parallel), Pup2 Tone (Push Pull Series Parallel) It sounds great passive its just fairly limited in it's current setup.

Plays beautifully, the neck is an odd shape definately not a J or P but it's so comfy, very very nice to play I'll get it restrung and setup this weekend and have some fun with it.

What a beauty!
There's a green lefty for sale right now on leftybass.com and I'm seriously tempted, especially after seeing yours. That one doesn't have the sexy carved waist contours though, it's a flattop. I've never seen one like yours before!

[quote name='LeftyJ' post='843932' date='May 21 2010, 11:01 AM']What a beauty!
There's a green lefty for sale right now on leftybass.com and I'm seriously tempted, especially after seeing yours. That one doesn't have the sexy carved waist contours though, it's a flattop. I've never seen one like yours before!

[/quote]

BUY IT

Ok so had a few days and a gig with it, firstly because I've been using a 5 string as my main bass for a few years now the 4 is a little difficult to play all our songs on, it's requiring a bit to much thinking tbh but there are quite a lot of songs I can play on it but this is all just what I'm use to etc.

Ok so sound, well oddly the 2002 solid maple 36inch scale with active electronics sounds ver very very similar to the 1981 Mahogany 34 inch scale passive bass, true I have the tone fairly open but yeah I can pretty much swap between them live and not notice a difference in volume or tone. This may also be due to my heavy eq'ing and the fact I use big tube amps but all in all a great result.

Feel, feels interesting the neck is an odd shape compared to most basses I own but it's very playable and felt very comfortable during my gig.

All in all I'm very happy I have th perfect 4 and 5 string for what I do and can see myself using the 4 more in the studio next trip since my low A doesn't translate very well when recorded.

I'm going to get it rewired to master volume, blend, tone, tone, I'm very happy with the bass passive and overall love it just need to spend some time learning my set on 4 strings or string it ADGC but I've never liked this on 34 inch basses.

Cheers