Why become a member? ×

Help needed to transcribe bass line

gooberer

Hi everyone, iv just joined in the hope that someone can help me work out how to play this bass line.....
The song is from my new band but the bass part was played by another person because i couldnt make the recording day, we want to play the song live but i cant work out how to play it.. and we cant get hold of the bassist.
I know that the opening chord on guitar is in Eminor so guess thats the key of the whole song.

[url="http://www.myspace.com/temallica"]http://www.myspace.com/temallica[/url]

Thats the link to my myspace page and the song is on there...

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

[quote name='waltsdog' post='836147' date='May 13 2010, 01:36 PM']Forgive me for the stupid question, but can you not ask whoever played it?[/quote]

We cant contact the player and have no idea where he is!! So thats the reason for seeking help.

[quote name='neilb' post='836235' date='May 13 2010, 03:03 PM']I take it you know the chords to the song, just not the bassline your dep played?

If so, why not just apply your own bassline to the song rather than sweat over working out what he played?

By the way, nice song!![/quote]

Hey yes i know the chords. I really liked the bass line though and thought it was awesome, i just didnt know how he did it and thought it would be great if i could play it too.

[quote name='TankJon' post='836325' date='May 13 2010, 04:28 PM']Thats a pretty busy bass line for a verse ....I would say too busy IMHO. Maybe you can come up with something slightly more restrained and tasteful?[/quote]

Really i thought it sounded great, very catchy riff. Theres only one guitarist though so thought the bass would be better playing some walking lines than just the root notes.?

[quote name='lowdown' post='836328' date='May 13 2010, 04:29 PM']Good song by the way

Its in 6/8 0r a fast 3/4.
Its not hard to learn - you might suprise yourself if you get stuck and use your lugs. :rolleyes:

Garry[/quote]

Hey thanks... It sounds complicated though, iv been trying to figure it out for nearly 2 week :) my lugs dont work haha. Thats why i came for some advice on here

[quote name='gooberer' post='836345' date='May 13 2010, 04:38 PM']Hey thanks... It sounds complicated though, iv been trying to figure it out for nearly 2 week :) my lugs dont work haha. Thats why i came for some advice on here[/quote]

Try Best Practice or the Amazing Slow Downer. Slow it down enough and you should be able to nail pretty much anything. :rolleyes: