Why become a member? ×

SOLD Gretsch 6 String Bass/Baritone G5265 SOLD

tayste_2000

So finally the last bass I can bare to part with is this.

I picked it up as a Christmas present from my g/f thinking yeah I like the Cure this will be ace and I've barely picked it up. I think it's mainly due to my guitar skills being massively lacking.

Looks just like this except with no pickguard (which I don't have)

It's in great condition apart from one scratch on the face of it and one of the knobs has taken a bit of a bump so works perfectly but doesn't twist flat it sorta goes up towards the end of it's travel. I'll get some pictures of it tonight.

This is a great instrument for trios as you can do some nice thumpy bass lines by palm muting and then even below 5th fret all the chords ring out nice and clear.

It has a set of Elixir 6 string bass strings designed for this sort of instrument on it and I will include a set of Fender VI strings as well.

I'm after what I paid for it, not including the £35 quid I spent on strings, plus the effort to change them which is not an easy job on a bigsby.

SOLD

Edited by tayste_2000

Assuming its just the knob thats bent and not the opoit shaft which would require a replacement pot I would give you £180 if you will meet at Knutsford services to do the deal

skez

[quote name='Skezza' post='834170' date='May 11 2010, 01:07 PM']ok ill chance it are you ok with £80 collected from knutsford services

skez 07710 213520[/quote]

soory I meant £180

[quote name='Skezza' post='834170' date='May 11 2010, 01:07 PM']ok ill chance it are you ok with £80 collected from knutsford services

skez 07710 213520[/quote]

I tried calling last night but there was no answer.

I can meet you at Knutsford around 5.30-6 would be ideal but can do later if needed.

Cheers