Why become a member? ×

Ever set out to buy strings...and come home with a guitar?

theplumber

On the way to the bank,on Friday evening,after being paid for a job....I decided to take a look in the local music shop(Falkirk)I needed a set of strings,and nearly made it.....but out the corner of my eye,spotted an SX Vintage Series Jazz bass hanging on the wall. Maple neck,inlays and natural finish alder body... I had played it a couple of months ago,and thought it was a cracker then.....but had no cash! I remembered someone on this very site raving about the quality of these guitars. I already have a nice Tokai Jazz bass....Squier Silver series jazz....and had just bought a Musicman bass from ebay the day before....I didn't know the price the last time I was in....the girl who was on didn't know what the owner was asking for it.....but the man himself was in on Friday........£149!!!!! brand new!........plugged it in and within seconds I was hooked........needless to say,I had a bit of a struggle thinking what to say to the wife.....2 bass guitars in the space of days!......and all that work needed in the house...not to mention the car with the wrecked engine...sitting outside my house since December....and then there is the money for the holiday.........Word of warning...don't touch these guitars with a bargepole.....they are BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY GOOD!!!......AND A CRACKING BUY AT £149. I can't get over how nice this bass is......(it cost me a bit more than £149......I gave the wife £100.....you know....go and buy yourself something.........then at bed time...well,lets leave it there....nice bass though!) :)

Edited by theplumber

[quote]Ever set out to buy strings...and come home with a guitar?[/quote]

Nope, I'm a bass player! :)

But yes, I know what you mean. I don't think I've ever been swayed that far, but have ended up leaving Electro with something new too many times, LOL! Luckily, last time I went to the Gallery in Camden I was strong (had the missus with me) and came out empty handed. *PHEW*

I almost done exactly that today with a bog standard Squire P bass. It sounded like a classic P should and felt absolutely great to play... I didn't come home with it though cos I had 'the voice of reason' with me :)

Edited by Dubs

[quote name='baird6869' post='829802' date='May 6 2010, 04:46 PM']On Friday, I had a half hour to kill and went into my local music store to look around and buy a cable and a set of strings.

I ended up leaving with a brand new Rickenbacker 4003!

The wife wasn't impressed!:rolleyes:[/quote]

:) holy sh*t man, think that deal might come with free divorce papers!

worth it for a ricky tho hope they chucked in some goodies for that big buy