Why become a member? ×

Fixing Line 6 pedals to a Pedalboard?

Higgie

I've got a Line 6 Echo Park that I would like to put on my PT-2, but sticking velcro to the rubber base never works, the velcro just comes off the pedal and stays stuck to the board. I peeled the rubber back off and its got some dodgy uneven surface that wont take velcro by itself either. To anyone who has one of the small single Line 6 pedals....How did you do it?! I'm at my wits end! :)

[quote name='Higgie' post='822432' date='Apr 28 2010, 08:45 PM']but sticking velcro to the rubber base never works, the velcro just comes off the pedal and stays stuck to the board.[/quote]
Clean the rubber bases with methylated spirits or denatured alcohol and the sticky back velcro stays on there much better. I find the 2cm wide strips of stick on velcro from Wilkinson to be really good. Don't absolutely cover the bottom of the pedal with velcro either else it grips too well and will obviously tear off, you only need a couple of small bits to hold the pedal in place. :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='D-L-B' post='822458' date='Apr 28 2010, 09:26 PM']Clean the rubber bases with methylated spirits or denatured alcohol and the sticky back velcro stays on there much better. I find the 2cm wide strips of stick on velcro from Wilkinson to be really good. Don't absolutely cover the bottom of the pedal with velcro either else it grips too well and will obviously tear off, you only need a couple of small bits to hold the pedal in place. :)[/quote]

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks very much for your advice, will give it a shot today. Just out of interest would white spirit work? I've got some here, otherwise its a trip out to the shops :rolleyes:

[quote name='throwoff' post='823196' date='Apr 29 2010, 05:13 PM']
+
[/quote]

Someone with a similar sense of humour! When I read the question, I instantly thought of looking for a Nail Gun picture!

Ok, my suggestion - I've never used velcro. Instead I am the king of cable ties! - my DIY pedal board in the Build Diaries section is a good example! Rock solid and nothing can fall off, EVER! lol - Hell - I even get a colour match for the pedals used! ha ha ha!