Why become a member? ×

Yamaha RBX4 A2 A.I.R. bass £200 inc. SOLD

redstriper

Sorry for the formatting of this ad - I struggled for ages to get the pics to show at all..........

[attachment=48508:yan08.jpg]
[attachment=48502:yan02.jpg]
[attachment=48504:yan04.jpg]
[attachment=48505:yan05.jpg]
[attachment=48506:yan06.jpg]
[attachment=48514:yan07.jpg]

This is a beautiful looking and very well engineered bass, ideal for anyone looking for a lightweight modern take on the jazz bass.
It's in great condition with no issues apart from 2 very tiny paint chips on the headstock that you can just about make out in the last picture.
The neck is straight and fast with a jazz profile and the sound is bright and punchy with plenty of bottom end.
I am offering this for £200 including postage in a newish Ritter basic padded gig bag.
Apologies for the picture quality - it's really hard to photograph bright white, without glare !

Here's some details I found online -

This regular scale model weighs just 3.2 kg and offers superior balance in addition to its ultra light weight. Fusing seamlessly with the player it offers unprecedented playing comfort that stuns bassists who regularly play a standard bass. Light weight, superior comfort, and easy playing action let you concentrate on your playing for extended periods of time. Physically it is light in weight, sonically it is anything but. A.I.R. technology and newly developed pickups deliver a thick, robust tone that is clear, powerful, and blends well with a wide range of musical styles.

Alternative Internal Resonance (A.I.R.) is a Yamaha exclusive construction technique. Offering the unique combination of an ultra lightweight wood core sandwiched between a hardwood top and a hardwood back, this combination allows the woods in the RBX4 A2 to vibrate freely and create reverberation and sustain that are much greater than the average bass guitar. The outstanding resonance is enhanced by special sound tubes, which connect the hardwoods with the softwood core across the instrument.
"The A.I.R. construction method is ideal for bass players," said Armando Vega, product manager, Yamaha Guitars, Pro Audio & Combo Division. "Some of the musicians we've shown this to have been amazed by the sound of this bass. In addition, players love the streamlined, contemporary look."
The RBX4 A2 is also equipped with two Yamaha single coil pickups, which are sonically matched to the instrument's revolutionary body and designed by the Yamaha Guitar Custom Shop in Hollywood, California.
Available in white/aircraft gray, as well as solid black, the RBX4 A2 features a bolt-on maple neck, 24-fret rosewood fingerboard and two single coil pickups . The LED-illuminated pickup indicator lights, which increase their brightness in conjunction with the volume, add a high-tech look.

Specifications
Neck Maple
Fingerboard Rosewood
Bridge A.I.R. Mounting System Bridge
Tuners Die-cast Tuners
Colors Jet Black, White/Aircraft Gray
Construction Bolt-on
Body A.I.R. (Alternative Internal Resonance) Construction
Frets 24
Radius 10"
Pickups 2X Yamaha Custom Shop Designed Single Coil
Pickup Switch L.E.D. Lit Indicators and Selector
Controls Front Volume, Rear Volume, Master Tone
Scale Length 34"
Other 3-D Headstock Design

Edited by redstriper

These are very cool and look awesome in the flesh. It's hard to describe how light these are until you pick one up. If I was a 4 string man, or had a bit of spare cash for it to look sexy in the front room I'd have it. This is a bargain... Someone needs to snap this up quick.