Why become a member? ×

SOLD---Warwick Streamer Stage 1 Bolt-on, 1996 Pre-LX series

jembullo

I have blatantly ripped this sale ad off from Phuze, from whom I bought this lovely bass.
It really is a cracker but I'm now a bit strapped so have to raise some funds.

For Sale:

Warwick Streamer Stage 1 bolt-on.

Apparently these were only produced for a short time before the LX series came into play
but I'm sure some Warwick-head will be better informed than me.

Serial Number = H-031657-96

2 band eq, balance and a push pull active passive vol control.

Bog standard hard case as well if you want it.

Price = £520 is what I paid in total for it.

Collection welcome or postage a buyers expense.

Cheers Jem

Edited by jembullo

My mistake...now edited the original post with 2 band eq, balance and vol

[quote name='octaedro7' post='814443' date='Apr 21 2010, 10:57 PM']If you have 3 bands on 4 regular knobs then there is no balance or no volume.
Can you explain?[/quote]

Located Stroud in glos
As for the fingerboard wood and body wood...I have no idea?? Previous owner did not furnish me with those details so I'm left to guess like the rest of us!!! I don't think its a rosewood board though, there is some openess? about the grain of the wood.
One thin I would say is the bass is very light.

[quote name='Dubs' post='814719' date='Apr 22 2010, 10:13 AM']Where abouts are you?[/quote]

[quote name='Dubs' post='816059' date='Apr 23 2010, 12:16 PM']This is the nicest of any bolt-on Warwick that I've played.[/quote]

Have you been and played it since yesterday? Sorely tempted by this - but I think my lovely wife would cut my knackers off with something blunt if I appeared home with another bass...

[quote name='Bigwan' post='816088' date='Apr 23 2010, 12:37 PM']Have you been and played it since yesterday? Sorely tempted by this - but I think my lovely wife would cut my knackers off with something blunt if I appeared home with another bass...[/quote]

I originally sold it to Phuze about a year ago. Feels and sounds like a £1k+ bass. I've played a lot of bolt on Warwicks (Streamers, Thumbs, a few Corvettes, etc...) and this is the nicest that I have personally played. I'd love it back but I just dropped a wedge on a Jazz...

I don't know why I'm recommending this to anyone cos I want it! :)

You're making me want to keep it now Dubz...it really is a cracking bass to play.

[quote name='Dubs' post='816212' date='Apr 23 2010, 01:58 PM']I originally sold it to Phuze about a year ago. Feels and sounds like a £1k+ bass. I've played a lot of bolt on Warwicks (Streamers, Thumbs, a few Corvettes, etc...) and this is the nicest that I have personally played. I'd love it back but I just dropped a wedge on a Jazz...

I don't know why I'm recommending this to anyone cos I want it! :)[/quote]

[quote name='jembullo' post='816220' date='Apr 23 2010, 01:59 PM']You're making me want to keep it now Dubz...it really is a cracking bass to play.[/quote]

The only Warwick I use is my SSI. That's the only reason I sold this, and that fact that I wanted Phuze's Sterling. I quickly sold the Sterling and regretted letting this go. £500 is a lot for me to find right now, but it would be £500 well spent for anyone considering a Warwick. This needs to go to a good home.

It is a German Warwick - quite a rare one as well by all accounts.
[quote name='Bassistclem' post='821228' date='Apr 27 2010, 09:33 PM']Is this a German built one? Sorry but am not up on all things Warwick but quite fancy one. Someone told me to look out for a German built one if possible. I like the look of this one...Very nice...
Cheers[/quote]

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...