Why become a member? ×

Funniest things people say when selling their gear

ianrunci

My faves are
"if I had the money I'd buy this"................ YEAH you think !
"If I sell my......... , I get the money that my mates dog owes me and my gran dies and leaves me some money I'll deff buy it". I ask you.

Just my 2p worth :) :rolleyes: :lol:

Ta very glad BIGd

[quote name='bigd1' post='816128' date='Apr 23 2010, 01:05 PM']My faves are
"if I had the money I'd buy this"................ YEAH you think ![/quote]

It's a bit like those stupid property TV programmes. "I would definitely consider putting an offer in on this property now it isn't painted pink". Bollox would you :)

[quote name='Wil' post='814490' date='Apr 21 2010, 11:45 PM']Yeah, but it's a bass, not a used car - using that logic, pre CBS Fenders would be going for a tenner on ebay.[/quote]
Using that logic, 1963 E-types would be going for a tenner on ebay.

[quote name='guzzibass' post='816830' date='Apr 23 2010, 11:38 PM']"....just a feeler...." WTF?[/quote]
This has got to be the winner.
If it's a feeler you need, go see your girlfriend, wife, boyfriend etc. sex acts are not performed in our for sale department.
Personally I think my basses would just get in the way, or am I doing it wrong. :rolleyes:

Ta very glad BIGd :)

[quote name='Bilbo' post='814786' date='Apr 22 2010, 11:08 AM']To be fair, I suspect many of us are forced into selling gear by our personal circumstances as opposed to any deficiencies on the part of the gear. I have got three guitars and 2 basses but, in order to finance a double bass and associated accessories, I am going to have to let some of them go. Nothing wrong with them, I just can't get what I want without raising capital. So my reason for selling them is, surprise, surprise, because I need the money! Nothing wrong with them as instruments, perfectly good quality kit, but, in the overall scheme of economic things, I need to prioritise. So, 'great bass' can easily apply to something we have to move.[/quote]

Yes I know what you mean, unfortunately you can't be honest & state that you need the money because some tw@t will then offer you 50% of what it's worth.