Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Tokai Jazz Fretless...SOLD..SOLD

Beneath It All

Never thought I'd sell this, times change however, and I don't get on with 4 strings nowadays..Tokai early 80's neck with extended unlined rosewood board,original tuners and plays like a dream....Body not too sure about - it appears to be alder..Pickups are schallers with adjustable poles..This bass sings and ideally it needs to be seen and played..Very light..£250 or would consider selling the neck only for £150[p/x for fretted neck possible]..

Edited by Beneath It All

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='814644' date='Apr 22 2010, 09:07 AM']Gorgeous bass, exactly my cup of tea.

Confirmed by the cup of tea decal on the headstock![/quote]
............................Decal not included :).....Thanks for the thumbs up guys!

Edited by Beneath It All

[quote name='Beneath It All' post='814779' date='Apr 22 2010, 11:00 AM'].............Hey Buddy- hope you're well....I'm still a bit undecided I guess - it is pretty cool.....how's the Smith?..I was hoping to find one Stateside on my last contract but no luck....Maybe I'll find one next week on the Artemis :) Take care ..Mike[/quote]

Hi Mike
Are you with Clive &Cj or the house band? i did 18 months in Artemis house band, very hard work at the time ( 16 new showsfor worldy) so didnt get off a lot, nice little ship though, im loving the smith to bits, best 5 ive ever had, TBH Mike times are a bit hard at mo and ive3 nearly put it up for sale twice, tring my best to hang on to it, got a few gigs coming up so should be ok, if i move it on ill let you know :rolleyes: enjoy your trip - lee

[quote name='Beneath It All' post='818190' date='Apr 25 2010, 04:55 PM']I'm just doing 8 days cover with de house band....must call in and check out the Smith although I hope you don't find yourself in a situation where you have to sell....TaRa! :rolleyes: [wonder where that came from].[/quote]

Cool say hi to Bob Strychek for me, i believe he,s still on drums there, definately pop in if your in the area, bloody nice bass and you dont see too many about as i said not sure if ill be able to keep it with the constant assaults on my finances 2010 is bringing :)
Have a good one mate, speak soon - lee

• 1 year later...

[quote name='Beneath It All' post='813941' date='Apr 21 2010, 04:51 PM']Never thought I'd sell this, times change however, and I don't get on with 4 strings nowadays..Tokai early 80's neck with extended unlined rosewood board,original tuners and plays like a dream....Body not too sure about - it appears to be alder..Pickups are schallers with adjustable poles..This bass sings and ideally it needs to be seen and played..Very light..£250... P/x considered W.H.Y.[/quote]
.............................Bump