Why become a member? ×

Owen Electronics

billphreets

hi ppl

just wanted to give a plug to Mr Martin Owen from:

[url="http://www.owenelectronics.co.uk"]http://www.owenelectronics.co.uk[/url]

he recently repaired and modded an old q tron + for me.. A1 first class service and an absolute gentleman to deal with.. VERY reasonably priced too!!

WELL worth a look at his website (i got serious GAS for the bass bomb driver!!)

I've been in touch with him recently - he's going to add a bypass toggle for the fx loop on my Meatwad. He had to do a fair bit lot of research for the job, seems a nice bloke and the price is well reasonable.

Gonna send it to him tomorrow - can't wait till it's done and I can use my dirt pedal again!

[quote name='dumelow' post='814154' date='Apr 21 2010, 07:44 PM']he fixed up my (near broken) russian big muff and whacked a 9v power input on the back of it not long ago, top bloke[/quote]

Yeah I think it was your thread on this that put me onto him - thanks man.

[quote name='billphreets' post='814829' date='Apr 22 2010, 11:53 AM']ive decided i NEED the gremlin/bomb driver double act..

any sound clips m8 ??[/quote]

Nope. Might be able to do some over the weekend though...

The bomb driver looks really good.

[quote name='Dubs' post='814833' date='Apr 22 2010, 11:57 AM']Nope. Might be able to do some over the weekend though...

The bomb driver looks really good.[/quote]

does`nt it just ?!!!!? a triode/pentode combination tube .. hmmmmmmmmm ; ) ; )

if you can do some clips at the weekend that would be GREAT! i think the gremlins are out of stock at the minute (that tells you something doesnt it??) which will give me time to get the cash together (read: persuade the wife lol)
im VERY interested to hear what it sounds like, it got a great review in total guitar! (NOT that i read such obscene publications lol!)

cheers m8

• 3 years later...

Just resurrecting this thread after I dropped in a pedal for repair at Owen electronics

Martin told me he won't be making any more Bass Bomb Drivers in the immediate future as he's so busy on amp and pedal repairs

There's just one left in stock which i took a quick look at but didn't have time to try out. Certainly looks well made and the reviews rate it highly. If it wasn't for a recent DHA VT2 purchase, I might have been tempted myself